Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Aaron+

Nov 9, 2017, 8:32 AM

Post #1 of 4 (748 views)

Shortcut

Beware TripAdvisor

Can't Post | Private Reply

I naively have looked at TA as a source of "honest" user opinions of resorts. I never thought of the underlying business model, nor that TA would block opinions that reported on criminal practices by resort managements. One U.S. woman who was raped in 2010 tried to report on her rape and the conditions at an Iberostar resort in Riveria Maya. TA deleted her report as violating their standards.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel investigated her case and others, found no violation of standards, and ran up against a brick wall from TA when trying to investigate other cases. The Journal Sentinel found many such cases. Finally, in 2017, TA put the woman's report on their site, but in the original chronological order submitted, in other words, buried in 2100 comments since 2010. See:http://www.jsonline.com/...rists-say/817172001/

(This post was edited by Aaron+ on Nov 9, 2017, 7:19 PM)

chicois8

Nov 9, 2017, 5:27 PM

Post #2 of 4 (729 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Beware TravelAdvisor

You Aaron, if you are going to write a negative thread about a company at least do your homework and get the name correct..I believe you are writing about Trip Advisor since it has been in the news lately...There may be a company out there named Travel Advisor who's reputation may be harmed by your mistake....IMO
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

Aaron+

Nov 9, 2017, 7:18 PM

Post #3 of 4 (724 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] Beware TripAdvisor

Wow, that is what your comment addresses, not the actual issue? Thanks for pointing out the name error I made, though of course, if you did your homework, the referenced article clearly refers to TripAdvisor.

(This post was edited by Aaron+ on Nov 9, 2017, 7:19 PM)

chicois8

Nov 9, 2017, 7:51 PM

Post #4 of 4 (719 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Beware TripAdvisor

In Reply To
Wow, that is what your comment addresses, not the actual issue? Thanks for pointing out the name error I made, though of course, if you did your homework, the referenced article clearly refers to TripAdvisor.

Aaron, Many times folks just read the headlines, I did not read your link because this is old news. As far as the " actual Issue" people go to these AI's and drink them selfs to death all the time, most are never reported.........
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4