Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

charlee19581

Oct 29, 2017, 5:45 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2027 views)

Shortcut

Guadalajara

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way around the city of Guadalajara, we have always travelled through the city coming from SLP to PV and would like to try a different route. Thanks.

RickS

Oct 29, 2017, 7:25 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2024 views)

Shortcut

Re: [charlee19581] Guadalajara

There is a ‘new’ east periferico loop going north to connect with the north periferico loop and then around to hiway 15 going west of town. I cannot tell you whether or not you will actually save any time ‘tho over going straight through on Lazaro Cardenas.

donemry

Oct 30, 2017, 5:58 AM

Post #3 of 10 (2015 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Guadalajara

I don't see that on the map?

RickS

Oct 30, 2017, 8:54 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2009 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donemry] Guadalajara

Try using Google Maps.... it is on there. I actually used the eastern portion of it last year.... cutting up from the airport area onto it, crossing under 80D or 90D (I think) and going up to the north side of Guadalajara on it to then go north on hiway 54 to Zacatecas.

donemry

Oct 31, 2017, 5:29 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1992 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Guadalajara

OK, I see it now. Can't see how it would be a better route. Lazaro Cardenas in non-stop.

dutchie

Dec 9, 2017, 5:18 PM

Post #6 of 10 (97 views)

Shortcut

Re: [charlee19581] Guadalajara

We are travelling for the first time to PV via Guadalajara as well. I was also wondering what the best route would be. I read that the southern Macrolibramiento is now open all the way to El Arenal. Is that a viable option to bypass Guadalajara? Seems like quite a long way around. How bad is the road straight through?

donemry

Dec 10, 2017, 4:43 AM

Post #7 of 10 (69 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dutchie] Guadalajara

The road through GDL (Lazaro Cardenas) is fine, no stops until you are past the city and near Hwy 15. There is no faster route.

dutchie

Dec 10, 2017, 9:56 AM

Post #8 of 10 (49 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donemry] Guadalajara

Thanks! Must get pretty congested though, depending on time of day? I don't imagine driving through in late afternoon would be advisable?

bournemouth

Dec 10, 2017, 3:49 PM

Post #9 of 10 (24 views)

Shortcut

The macro libramiento is wonderful. Worth every centavo you will pay in tolls. Very little traffic and while it may not be shorter, the stress free driving it will give you makes it a no brain choice.

donemry

Dec 11, 2017, 5:08 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1 views)

Shortcut

As it works out, we always come through GDL around noon. Yes, there is traffic, but it moves smoothly.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4