Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Mexicallen

Oct 15, 2017, 7:46 AM

Post #1 of 2 (816 views)

Shortcut

Car Registration & Driver's License Exam

Can't Post | Private Reply
My car is registered in Mexico and has Sinaloa plates. Annual renewal is due in January. I have a Siinaloa Driver's License good until 2019. I'll be moving to more-or-less permanently to Chapala in about 2 weeks. I'd greatly appreciate information regarding how, when, and where, to obtain Jalisco plates and Driver's License. I'm assuming I can get the car registration and plates completed before obtaining a Jalisco Driver's License. Once the car registration is completed, is it permissible to drive with a Sinaloa or Texas Driver's License for awhile? It's been so long since I've had issues like these that I'm not even sure which other questions to ask. Any and all thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mexicallen

rvgringo

Oct 15, 2017, 8:33 AM

Post #2 of 2 (812 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicallen] Car Registration & Driver's License Exam

Can't Post | Private Reply
Before you leave Sinaloa, go to your local recordadora and ask them for the details of surrendering your Sinaloa plates, etc., in preparation for a move to Jalisco. You will probably need paperwork from Sinaloa in order to apply for plates in Jalisco. You will definitely need the original factura and the chain of all registration payments since, in order to apply in Jalisco.
Meanwhile: Yes, you can drive in Jalisco with whatever plates and licenses you may have, so long as they are current and you have insurance.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4