Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

helenbernabe

Sep 15, 2017, 11:15 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2978 views)

Shortcut

Crossing at Laredo

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am planning on crossing at Laredo,TX after Christmas. Is it safe to drive to Hidalgo? What routes should I take? Any help would be appreciated...

(This post was edited by helenbernabe on Sep 27, 2017, 5:05 PM)

RickS

Sep 15, 2017, 12:59 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2967 views)

Shortcut

Re: [helenbernabe] Crossing at Laredo

Well, Helen, thousands of folks travel that road daily without much/any trouble. The Press in the US makes it sound like one would be putting their life at risk to drive in Mexico but we all do it daily.

Crossing at Laredo you would drive down hiway 85 to Monterrey where you would take hiway 40 west towards Saltillo. Around Saltillo you would go south on hiway 57 towards Hidalgo. You didn't say whether you are going to the State of Hidalgo or the City of Hidalgo so hard to guide you to your destination.

Most of your travels will be on 4-lane roads, sometimes toll (cuota). You will of course need to have pesos for your trip for gas, tolls, lodging and food.

helenbernabe

Sep 15, 2017, 2:18 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2959 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Crossing at Laredo

Sry about that we are going to the State of Hidalgo

RickS

Sep 15, 2017, 2:30 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2955 views)

Shortcut

Re: [helenbernabe] Crossing at Laredo

Assuming that you will be going to the 'western/central' side of the state, the routing I shared will work. On 57, 'shortly' after passing the city of Queretaro, you'll be getting close to the boundaries of Hidalgo. If you are going more towards Pachuca, you'll want to continue on 57 until you reach hiway M40D, the Autopista Arco Norte cuota, which goes out into Hidalgo initially.

helenbernabe

Sep 15, 2017, 2:38 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2954 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Crossing at Laredo

thank you

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4