Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

skier14

Sep 5, 2017, 12:08 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1562 views)

Shortcut

Import Cars

Can't Post | Private Reply
I was watching some of the news regarding the Harvey Flood and I immediately wondered---How many of those underwater cars will soon be for sale in Mexico. Buyer beware.

rvgringo

Sep 5, 2017, 1:42 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1556 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skier14] Import Cars

Who do you think will get them exported from the USA & present the export papers to Mexican officials to import them into Mexico? Of course, they must be of the correct age and NAFTA origin to even qualify. Etc, etc, etc.

joaquinx

Sep 5, 2017, 2:24 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1551 views)

Shortcut

I would be much easier to send them up to Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, or Ohio than to Mexico.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

chicois8

Sep 5, 2017, 2:47 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1547 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Import Cars

The last 4 times I have driven Highway 180 northbound I see maybe 20 to 30 small type trucks towing compact cars and other small trucks southbound and at a gas station one time I asked a driver his destination and he said Belize.......
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

RickS

Sep 6, 2017, 6:49 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1531 views)

Shortcut

Saw a TV report from a Houston new car dealership lot yesterday. They were loading up new cars/trucks onto transport trucks to be shipped "to a location" where they would be 'crushed'.

Moisheh

Sep 24, 2017, 1:15 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1410 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] Import Cars

The fellows towing those cars are called "Tobareros". Trust Mexicans to come up with a cool name!

Moisheh

stevebrtx

Sep 24, 2017, 3:41 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1405 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Moisheh] Import Cars

New ones at dealers are insured and will be crushed most likely, but consider the tens of thousands which either weren't insured, or the private owners didn't want to try to collect and have it on their records. There are no records of those ever being in the flood, so you can't check VIN's to know their history. Those are the ones that will go in all directions, including SOB, you can bet money on it.
http://www.chapalaweather.net

TracyMorninge

Oct 18, 2017, 6:37 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1210 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Moisheh] Import Cars

What is the price for cars in Mexico?
http://relocationwiki.com/

rvgringo

Oct 18, 2017, 10:00 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1200 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TracyMorninge] Import Cars

Price for cars? They are all different.
Try again. Better yet, look at a Mexican car dealership webpage, or just cruise through Mercadolibre.com.mx and take your pick.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4