Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

gmelchor01

Aug 31, 2017, 4:13 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1859 views)

Shortcut

Internation Medical Insurance

Can't Post | Private Reply
I've look everywhere (almost) for international medical insurance because I'm soon taking a trip to the Yucatan and am wanting to be covered for any coronary problems I might have while abroad. I recently had a change in medications (7 days ago). I want to know I'm covered for a stroke or heart attack. Any suggestions? Thanks!

donemry

Sep 1, 2017, 5:40 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1841 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gmelchor01] Internation Medical Insurance

If your trip is for less than 60 days, many companies offer Travel Medical Insurance, fro example American Express. If you are on Medicare, you are covered for the first 60 days of your trip.

Aaron+

Oct 8, 2017, 9:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1627 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gmelchor01] Internation Medical Insurance

Medicare provides limited coverage only in specific conditions, conditions that would seem NOT to apply to your travel. In short, no Medicare coverage for you as you get further from a U.S. border. If you have an existing medigap policy, check its out of country coverage. As for travel insurance, your pre-existing condition would likely rule out coverage for such. Enjoy travel within the US and territories or take the risk of foreign travel. Medical costs can add up, though for far less than in the USA:

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4