Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

trebla62

Aug 14, 2017, 7:53 AM

Post #1 of 5 (5393 views)

Shortcut

Guidance for shipping from US to Puerto Moreles

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello, I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some guidance and direction of where to learn more about shipping form the US to Q. Roo.
We have recently moved from US to Tulum and are in need of a shipping company (via Ocean) to ship a vintage Airstream trailer, with household goods inside, to Puerto Moreles, or Progresso.

if anyone could guide me to forum links or topics relating to this info, i would really appreciate it!
Thanks so much!
Albert

rvgringo

Aug 14, 2017, 10:00 AM

Post #2 of 5 (5384 views)

Shortcut

Re: [trebla62] Guidance for shipping from US to Puerto Moreles

I don‘t know, except for the fact that I once shipped a van by sea (not to Mexico) and they required
that it be completely empty.

mcm

Aug 14, 2017, 11:30 AM

Post #3 of 5 (5383 views)

Shortcut

Contact Linea Peninsular
They ship from Houston, Panama City (FL) and Tampa, to Progreso, Yucatan (note the one ''s'' in Progreso). You will need a custom's broker. If Linea Peninsular doesn't have suggestions, try Hiram Cervera, in Progreso. Since Agencia Aduanal Cervera has a branch in Cancun, they may be able to make other suggestions. I've never used either, but many US expats have used Linea Peninsular for shipping cars or household goods, and generally report excellent experiences. Good luck!

trebla62

Aug 14, 2017, 1:07 PM

Post #4 of 5 (5380 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mcm] Guidance for shipping from US to Puerto Moreles

Thank you! I am in contact with Hiram already, but he is slow to respond, so I wanted to check around for more options.

playaboy

Aug 14, 2017, 2:27 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5374 views)

Shortcut

This is the shipping company that services PM.

http://www.hydeshipping.com/3/default.asp?p=home

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4