Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Hotrod

Aug 10, 2017, 12:08 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2606 views)

Shortcut

Residency. What happens if I get divorced. But then marry someone else?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello. I am currently in a bad situation with my wife. She wants divorce. I haven't seen her for months. My temporal(through marriage) residency will end in july 2018. While separated I met this woman. She knows I am separated. I dated her for months. And we want to get married in the future after I finish my divorce process. My question is. How will this effect my residency?. Will I be able to get another 2 years temporal after July next year?. Or permanent? . Or will they even give me any sort of residency?. I don't care if they give me temporal again. My current wife is bipolar. And has severe mental issues she never told me. Only after marriage I found out. What will happen?. I am not divorced yet but wanted to know what will happen to me and my future wife.. Thanks in advance.

rvgringo

Aug 10, 2017, 9:17 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2582 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hotrod] Residency. What happens if I get divorced. But then marry someone else?

You are required to formally notify INM of any change in marital status, within 90 days (I think). I suggest that you consult with INM after divorce proceedings have begun, or immediately after the divorce is granted. The worse thing that could happen is that they make you revert to tourist status; but you can handle that, followed by a new application for residency upon re-marriage to a Mexican citizen.

Hotrod

Aug 10, 2017, 12:50 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2572 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Residency. What happens if I get divorced. But then marry someone else?

Thank goodness. That is a relief. Yes i can go through the immigration process again. It is no big deal. As long as i am allowed to stay. I love mexico. I love NL. I will do so after divorce. :)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4