Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

darrellk

Jun 9, 2017, 1:08 PM

Post #1 of 10 (3664 views)

Shortcut

Can't find my PR id

Can't Post | Private Reply
Alright I've looked and looked but can't find it.
I'm in Baja and I do have a copy, will I be able to travel back to mainland?

This suks

rvgringo

Jun 10, 2017, 8:36 AM

Post #2 of 10 (3628 views)

Shortcut

Re: [darrellk] Can't find my PR id

Go to INM immediately and follow their instructions. You cannot travel with a copy, and will have to get a replacement card. It will take some time, for sure. Didn‘t you always carry it, as required? Having a copy, with the numbers available, was a good idea.

DavidHF

Jun 10, 2017, 10:59 AM

Post #3 of 10 (3622 views)

Shortcut

Yes, come home.

AlanMexicali

Jun 12, 2017, 2:42 AM

Post #4 of 10 (3576 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Alright I've looked and looked but can't find it.
I'm in Baja and I do have a copy, will I be able to travel back to mainland?

This suks

My friend lost his RT card in Puerto Vallarta last Aug. when booking a tour. The guy gave back his credit card but not his RT card. I helped him replacing it here in San Luis Potosi several weeks later. Here is how it works.

You got to the Ministero Publico where you lost your RP card and report it lost and fill out the form. They stamp and date it and do nothing, He also lost his INAPAM card when living in PV , moved from San Luis Potosi to PV last year, and had to go to the MP to report it before they would give him a replacement card. It took him 90 minutes, mostly wait time.

When you get home go to the INM office but first go online to their "Tramites" website and enter the data for selection replace lost immigration document which is your RP card. Print it out and bring it.

They will ask for the MP report. If you don´t have it available because you left before doing this, you will have to write a detailed letter and then the Licenciado/a in charge will set an appointment for your interrogation [their words, not mine]. This meeting will be in lieu of the MP report and took us 1 week wait time.

Then pay the $1146.00 pesos processing fee for the replacement of lost immigration document and file what they ask for. They now have accepted you paperwork. The next step is when notified bring in 3 photos, get fingerprints taken, pay the second fee at any bank. etc. They do not use any documents from your prevous "tramite" and you need all new forms. It cost almost $3,000 pesos and took 2 weeks and 4 trips.

The replacement card will have the same data, in his case the same RT card expiration date, just a newer photo.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jun 12, 2017, 3:05 AM)

darrellk

Jun 12, 2017, 6:54 AM

Post #5 of 10 (3559 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Can't find my PR id

Thanks for the information, going to the local office today.
Hope I don't need my passport, wasn't going to the states and didn't bring it and it's expired anyways.

We will see

darrellk

Jun 13, 2017, 10:14 AM

Post #6 of 10 (3530 views)

Shortcut

Local imn office said no problem using copies and they said it was smart to have made them. They said since I have the copies any imn official can just run the numbers on the card if they don't believe me.

So make copies

darrellk

Jun 20, 2017, 4:57 PM

Post #7 of 10 (3414 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Can't find my PR id

I should have mentioned that IMN said that I should go to the office, of the state I live in,so I don't have to do any extra paperwork. They just said to file lost defore I go to the local one.
They also said no problem flying,

(This post was edited by darrellk on Jun 20, 2017, 8:17 PM)

rvgringo

Jun 21, 2017, 7:05 AM

Post #8 of 10 (3383 views)

Shortcut

Yes, you can fly, but only within Mexico. You will need your visa card to travel internationally and return to Mexico, unless you get a temporary exit/re-entry letter from INM for a specific, limited time. There is a fee for that.

sioux4noff

Jun 23, 2017, 10:27 PM

Post #9 of 10 (3324 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Can't find my PR id

We did not need a report from the MP. But we DID have to have our passports, which were also stolen. so the biggest delay was waiting for the new passports before requesting thenew RP cards.

citlali

Jul 8, 2017, 9:59 AM

Post #10 of 10 (3102 views)

Shortcut

It happened to me , you have to go to the Ministerio Publico and report it, you will get a copy of the report and with that copy you can go to Immigration and get another one.. go with all your papers.. passports copy of PR and they will issue another one..

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4