Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Mexicanbill

Jun 8, 2017, 6:46 AM

Post #1 of 5 (4023 views)

Shortcut

Enter on Mexican Passport - leaving on USA Passport

Can't Post | Private Reply
When we entered Mexico via car a year ago, my wife entered as a Mexican citizen to avoid needing to leave after 180 days. Now she needs to travel to the states and has a ticket with all the information on her USA passport on the ticket.

The problem is she has no visitors immigration form to hand in at the airline counter. The ticket is nonrefundable. Does anyone know of a procedure that allows her to fly out of Mexico without that form.

With all the hassle on immigration in the states, she needs to travel on her USA passport and return within a week.
Any information will be appreciated.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

jreboll

Jun 8, 2017, 6:57 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4007 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicanbill] Enter on Mexican Passport - leaving on USA Passport

Same thing happened to me in November. I was required to pay for a visitors entry into Mexico at the Mexico government module. I believe it was 20dls

Mexicanbill

Jun 8, 2017, 8:10 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4003 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jreboll] Enter on Mexican Passport - leaving on USA Passport

Thanks, we will visit it tomorrow and get it take care of. I was worried that she would lose the ticket. $20 is a lot better than the $500 we spent on her ticket.
How long was it good for once you bought it? Her flight in not until July 6th.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

jreboll

Jun 8, 2017, 8:20 PM

Post #4 of 5 (4000 views)

Shortcut

When I arrived at the ticket counter I was asked for my entry form and when I said I didn't have one I was directed to the government module. It was a quick procedure. I should add that what I presented was the citizenship certificate and not a Mexican passport and I was told those certificates were no longer valid. She might have better luck than I did

(This post was edited by jreboll on Jun 8, 2017, 8:25 PM)

esperanza

Jun 11, 2017, 6:01 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3964 views)

Shortcut

She has her USA passport with her? That's all she needs to present at the airline counter as her 'permit' to enter the States. I do it every time I go.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4