Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

felipeayuda

May 5, 2017, 7:18 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2157 views)

Shortcut

Residency Card Number

Can't Post | Private Reply
Six years ago when I first got my Residente Temporal card (then after 4 years went to Residente Permanente) the facilitator that I used told me that the number on the front of the card, NUE, was what I was supposed to fill in on the FMM form when entering or exiting Mexico and that's what I've been doing for many years. I noticed that the last time I exited the immigration officer wrote the number from the back of my card on the back of the bottom part of the FMM form that I gave to the airline ticket agent. So of course my question is which number am I supposed to be putting on the FMM form?
The NUE number on the front of the card starts out with 7 leading 0's and then six more numbers.
The No. on the back of the card is a 9 digit number.
Phil

playaboy

May 5, 2017, 12:02 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2136 views)

Shortcut

Re: [felipeayuda] Residency Card Number

I have always put the number on the back of th card. Mine is an 8 digit number.

joaquinx

May 5, 2017, 1:57 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2130 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Residency Card Number

In Reply To
I have always put the number on the back of th card. Mine is an 8 digit number.

Correct. The scan line on the bottom back shows the number on the back of the card. Eight digits.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

johanson

May 5, 2017, 4:12 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2121 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Residency Card Number

Yes that is what I was told as well, the number is on the back. And I have been using that back number as head North three times per year and then return since early 2013 when I first got my Residente Permanente card.

Maesonna

May 9, 2017, 9:06 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2056 views)

Shortcut

Re: [felipeayuda] Residency Card Number

i always forget, so I leave it blank until I am in front of the immigration officer, and I ask them.
Every time.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4