Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

TerryBear

Apr 25, 2017, 4:50 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3689 views)

Shortcut

Temporal Holder Needs FMM information

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have had my Temporal for two years. I am a bit concerned because I have been reading about entering and exiting Mexico the right way. I do think I have done that and have that process down. The question I have though, box number 7 on the top part of the FMM asks for country of Residence and I have always put USA because my passport is from the USA. In box 8 I put my Immigration card number and in 14, my condo in MX address. Should box 7 be Mexico even though I hold a USA passport?

RickS

Apr 25, 2017, 7:22 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3677 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TerryBear] Temporal Holder Needs FMM information

Short answer is YES. You are a resident of Mexico. Box 7 should reflect that. Some people have "multiple citizenships".

TerryBear

Apr 25, 2017, 7:26 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3676 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Temporal Holder Needs FMM information

Thank you for the response. I don't want to screw anything up, so I now am wondering if this next time I should put Mexico, or if it will matter, I just don't want my temporal to be pulled because of something like that. I suppose I should ask my immigration attorney.

RickS

Apr 25, 2017, 7:28 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3671 views)

Shortcut

Well the right answer is "Mexico" but by all means consult your Immigration person.

playaboy

Apr 26, 2017, 7:49 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3653 views)

Shortcut

As a RP, I always have written Mexico in box #7. You nationality "USA" goes in box #3. Always check Otro/Other in box #9 on the top and #7 on the bottom sections.

YucaLandia

May 4, 2017, 11:46 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3447 views)

Shortcut

In addition to the good advice about filling out the FMM boxes correctly, ...

Note that 5 years of past INM agent advice at 3 different border crossings, Mexicos's 2 biggest airports, and 3 different regional INM offices all say to write your residence visa type in big BOLD capital letters across the top of each half of your FMM form.

as

RESIDENTE TEMPORAL
or
RESIDENTE PERMANENTE

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4