Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

bronco

Apr 23, 2017, 3:13 PM

Post #1 of 4 (5028 views)

Shortcut

cash back w/debit card

Can't Post | Private Reply

i hear many expats go to walmart & pay fro 50pesos worth of merch. then they also debit 1000 extra to get cash. do you have to have a mex bancomer card? i have a US debit card which i use for purchase but not cash back. they told me today in pharm guad that i had to have a bancomer card. true in walmart? true everywhere in mex?

fugawibill

Apr 27, 2017, 3:47 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4940 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] cash back w/debit card

Whenever I make purchases with my Bancomere debit card in Walmart or Soriana, they ask if I want cash back. The limit is $2,000, but as I haven't done so, I don't know if there is any charge. Oh, I live in Mazatlan

(This post was edited by fugawibill on Apr 27, 2017, 3:53 PM)

johanson

Apr 27, 2017, 4:24 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4928 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] cash back w/debit card

A big help I am not :) I have been here 20 years, occasionally buy things with my US Credit cards or Mexican Debit card, and for some reason I have never thought of getting cash that way nor has anyone offered it.
Being a snowbird I wire sufficient funds down to my Mexican bank each time I think the dollar is strong, and boy have I been right and WRONG upon occasions.

bronco

Apr 27, 2017, 4:44 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4925 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] cash back w/debit card

you need a bancomer card. thought i could use US debit. someone deposited a my US check into intercam, gave me the pesos. good exchange rate. btw, i would never ever use a cash machine. thankyou for your help.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4