Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

MayaDoc

Mar 26, 2017, 2:07 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4138 views)

Shortcut

From Topolobampo to Creel and Back

Can't Post | Private Reply
It was 1997 when I thought I was going to die in the Copper Canyon. Our map was way outdated, and we had just bought it in Creel. We were stuck and had to climb steep ridges that were frightening to me. So now, we'd like to return and see how it's changed. Does anyone know if it's still a good idea to travel by train? And where is a good place to stay in Creel? What should we not miss? I'd appreciate your input very much.

If train isn't a good idea, what would be a good alternative? Muchas gracias!

jeffie1

Mar 27, 2017, 7:58 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4119 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MayaDoc] From Topolobampo to Creel and Back

Hello MayaDoc:
Try this link for the railroad: http://www.chepe.com.mx/english/index.html . I've not yet made this trip but hope to soon. I've been advised to only consider the first class ticket. Have a great trip!
Tenga un buen día,
Jeff

MayaDoc

Apr 4, 2017, 7:44 AM

Post #3 of 4 (4013 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jeffie1] From Topolobampo to Creel and Back

I appreciate your help, Jeff . I highly recommend that you experience the most fantastic train ride through such beautiful countryside.

I hope that the Tarahumara people are still there, as they were a sight to behold, going about their lives in the Creel area .

Hasta luego.

fred92

May 2, 2017, 11:07 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2788 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MayaDoc] From Topolobampo to Creel and Back

When do you plan to visit this place again? Heard a few good comments about how beautiful Creel is and thought to take a trip soon. Wife would prefer to use our jeep for this kind of trip, just needing to have those Poison spyder stuff installed and upgrade the suspension. What about the Tarahumara people?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4