Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

jreboll

Mar 19, 2017, 7:43 AM

Post #1 of 5 (6039 views)

Shortcut

Uber in Guadalajara

Can't Post | Private Reply
Last time I was in .Guadalajara I used Uber and was quite satisfied with the service. This time I will be flying in and want to know if there are any problems using Uber at the airport. I had heard the taxi service there does not welcome any competition.

rvgringo

Mar 19, 2017, 10:23 AM

Post #2 of 5 (6025 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jreboll] Uber in Guadalajara

Uber would be more convenient going to the airport, but getting a fixed-rate taxi ticket for your destination from the airport taxi desk is very easy. Then, at the curb, you are put in the net waiting taxi. No fuss, no waiting, and no confusing trying to find and identify an Uber car, etc. Yes, the taxis do have a protected airport “sitio“ franchise. You should prepare yourself with Spanish directions to your destination, as you may be going to an area unfamiliar to your taxi driver if going to a residence in a smaller town.

ColimaCdn

Mar 20, 2017, 3:12 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5979 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jreboll] Uber in Guadalajara

We used Uber at the Guadalajara airport in January. There were no issues, after ordering the service the driver called and told us where to get picked up, we didn't have to wait at all. The cost was 1/3 the price of the fixed taxi rate to the bus station. The drive was the calmest ride we've had yet. Will be doing that every time. Hope it goes well for you.

rvgringo

Mar 21, 2017, 9:34 AM

Post #4 of 5 (5949 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ColimaCdn] Uber in Guadalajara

I still think like a person without a smart phone. I am only connected when I am at home, at a keyboard with a huge screen. :)

esperanza

Mar 21, 2017, 10:57 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5929 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Uber in Guadalajara

And of course you've been at home in the USA for quite a while now. Uber is a huge and relatively new change at the GDL airport.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4