Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

hunteradvisor

Mar 15, 2017, 6:41 AM

Post #1 of 2 (6529 views)

Shortcut

Vinculo familiar

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have permanent resident status and went to the Puerto Vallarta Immigration office yesterday (3/14/17) with my 35 years old daughter for her application for permanent residence using Vinculo familiar. She was told it is not possible for children over 18 years of age.
So, if others have had success in a different office, please share that location and we can try there. Or, we could attempt to convince this office if we had sufficient proof that it is legal for adult children.
Thanks in advance.
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

AlanMexicali

Mar 15, 2017, 7:03 AM

Post #2 of 2 (6527 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Vinculo familiar

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
I have permanent resident status and went to the Puerto Vallarta Immigration office yesterday (3/14/17) with my 35 years old daughter for her application for permanent residence using Vinculo familiar. She was told it is not possible for children over 18 years of age.
So, if others have had success in a different office, please share that location and we can try there. Or, we could attempt to convince this office if we had sufficient proof that it is legal for adult children.
Thanks in advance.

It isnīt legal to have an adult children apply under the "vinculo familiar" law. They have to apply at a Mexican Consulate and show proof of financial solvency. Your INM office advised you of the correct law.

VISA POR UNIDAD FAMILIAR

"The types of visa issued by family unit are as follows:

1. Permanent residence visa for the following family members of Mexicans and foreigners holding a residence status of Permanent resident: a) parents, b) minor children who have not contracted marriage and are under their representation
Legal age or who are of legal age but are in a state of interdiction and are under their legal representation, the same
For the children of the spouse, concubine, concubine or equivalent figure,

(c) minor siblings who have not
Contracted marriage and are under their legal representation; Or who are of age but in the state of
Interdiction and are under their legal representation.

2. Temporary residence visa for the following relatives of foreigners holding residency status
Temporary or temporary resident student: a) parents, b) minor children who have not contracted marriage and are
Under their legal representation or who are of legal age but are in a state of interdiction and are under their
Legal representation, the same applies to the children of the spouse, concubine, concubine or equivalent figure,

c) spouse, Concubine, concubine or equivalent figure.
This visa also corresponds to the spouse, concubine, concubine or equivalent figure of Mexican or foreign holder of permanent residence"

http://www.inm.gob.mx/static/Tramites_2013/visas_solicitadas/VISA_POR_UNIDAD_FAMILIAR.pdf

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Mar 15, 2017, 7:43 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4