Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

SG_VA

Mar 13, 2017, 5:01 PM

Post #1 of 6 (7520 views)

Shortcut

Amazon in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi I see this has been asked before but not in the last year. When I go on Amazon.com.mx it looks like prime is now available. Can anyone confirm? Also, can anyone comment on how the delivery is around Lake Chapala?
Also, I may need a new computer soon for work, in general is it better to purchase in the US or there in Mexico.
Thanks!!

Gringal

Mar 14, 2017, 7:51 AM

Post #2 of 6 (7493 views)

Shortcut

Re: [SG_VA] Amazon in Mexico

I understand Prime is in Mexico. Re the computer, it probably depends on whether you want an English or Spanish keyboard.

johanson

Mar 14, 2017, 9:42 AM

Post #3 of 6 (7487 views)

Shortcut

Also be careful if using a Microsoft operating system to order your Windows packages in English or Spanish, depending on your needs

skier14

Mar 14, 2017, 12:28 PM

Post #4 of 6 (7474 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Amazon in Mexico

Years past, I purchased Windows 7 at Sam's Club in Mexico. It would not download on my computer. Seems that my computer brought from the US would not accept the disks made for
Mexico.

johanson

Mar 14, 2017, 2:23 PM

Post #5 of 6 (7469 views)

Shortcut

Although it may be possible to somehow get a US computer via Amazon Mexico, to make sure you get what you want I would buy when I was up North and then bring the computer (Laptop?) back with me. That way you know what you have, before you leave.
Maybe 10 years ago my laptop broke down when I was in Mexico and was forced to buy a new one while south of the boarder. I ordered and received in Ajijic (Lake Chapala) a US Dell laptop from Dell, Mexico. It was tricky but I was able to do it. But if I had to do it again and if I were up north, I would have purchased it up north and brought it down with me.

joaquinx

Mar 15, 2017, 9:45 AM

Post #6 of 6 (7439 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Amazon in Mexico

In Reply To
I understand Prime is in Mexico. Re the computer, it probably depends on whether you want an English or Spanish keyboard.

Aside from the position of the ";" character and some special characters, the Latin American keyboard doesn't differ from the US keyboard in regard to the letters and numbers. I use a laptop bought in Mexico with the LA keyboard without any typing problems. I have the keyboard software set for Spanish and thus allowing me to type in English and Spanish without changing the software-
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4