Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

ScubaBride2

Mar 10, 2017, 9:24 AM

Post #1 of 8 (8609 views)

Shortcut

Status with Mexican child

Can't Post | Private Reply
Have a curious question if anyone actually knows. I know that if you have a Mexican child you can do your residencia here without going back to the USA but do you still have to meet the same financial requirements?

ScubaBride2

Mar 13, 2017, 5:46 AM

Post #2 of 8 (8562 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ScubaBride2] Status with Mexican child

Steve, where are you? I figured you would know this answer.

mcm

Mar 13, 2017, 11:52 AM

Post #3 of 8 (8544 views)

Shortcut

Have you looked at the immigration website? -- here is a link -- click on the words residente temporal or residente permanente for the requirements for residency by famiy connection for each. It looks to me as though there are no financial requirements -- just the normal documentation, including the official ID of the person (son or daughter, for example) with whom you're claiming the family connection, and their birth certificate. Note that it states that the child with whom you're claiming the family connection must be a minor, and not married.

AlanMexicali

Mar 13, 2017, 4:32 PM

Post #4 of 8 (8530 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mcm] Status with Mexican child

In Reply To
Have you looked at the immigration website? -- here is a link -- click on the words residente temporal or residente permanente for the requirements for residency by famiy connection for each. It looks to me as though there are no financial requirements -- just the normal documentation, including the official ID of the person (son or daughter, for example) with whom you're claiming the family connection, and their birth certificate. Note that it states that the child with whom you're claiming the family connection must be a minor, and not married.

I read the link and it doesn´t say that. It says if you apply as the father or mother of a child with Mexican citizenship you are eligible and if the child is adopted your son or daughter can sponser you or is a minor child you must prove guardianship in all 3 situations [adoption documents].

"In case of being a son, father, or mother of a Mexican or foreign resident, or who proves to have legal representation or custody of Mexican or foreign resident person, must present:

A) Birth certificate in case of being the father or mother of a Mexican or foreign resident person;

B) Birth certificate in case of being the child of a Mexican or temporary or permanent resident,

or

C) Document issued by competent authority granting the guardianship or parental authority of a girl, boy or adolescent, Mexican or foreign resident person."

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Mar 13, 2017, 4:33 PM)

mcm

Mar 13, 2017, 5:01 PM

Post #5 of 8 (8523 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Status with Mexican child

Alan -- I mentioned the requirement that the Mexican citizen child be a minor and not married based on this statement, under ''d'', in the requirements for residente temporal por vinculo familiar:

d) En caso de ser hijo de una persona extranjera residente temporal, deberá presentar acta de nacimiento.Lo anterior siempre y cuando sea niña, niño o adolescente y no haya contraído matrimonio, o bien, se encuentre bajo su tutela o custodia

Perhaps I've misinterpreted the requirement.

In any event, regarding the original poster's question, there does not seem to be a financial requirement if the vinculo familiar is accepted.

ScubaBride2

Mar 13, 2017, 8:35 PM

Post #6 of 8 (8512 views)

Shortcut

She is a single mother with a 4 year old child born in Mexico. I still see nothing about financial requirements. I would hope that they would want her to be able to support them.m A 4 year old certainly has no income.

Baja13

Mar 14, 2017, 10:52 AM

Post #7 of 8 (8486 views)

Shortcut

I got my residente permanente last year in Mexico through my Mexican minor child. There was no financial requirement.

Mim11

Mar 27, 2017, 5:13 PM

Post #8 of 8 (8381 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Alan -- I mentioned the requirement that the Mexican citizen child be a minor and not married based on this statement, under ''d'', in the requirements for residente temporal por vinculo familiar:

d) En caso de ser hijo de una persona extranjera residente temporal, deberá presentar acta de nacimiento.Lo anterior siempre y cuando sea niña, niño o adolescente y no haya contraído matrimonio, o bien, se encuentre bajo su tutela o custodia

Perhaps I've misinterpreted the requirement.

In any event, regarding the original poster's question, there does not seem to be a financial requirement if the vinculo familiar is accepted.

Just for clarity, this requirement in d) is for foreign children of a foreign person who is a Residente Temporal. The children can also apply to become Residentes Temporales as long as they are minors, unmarried and still under the custody/guardianship of their RT parent.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4