Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

skier14

Feb 23, 2017, 6:12 PM

Post #1 of 6 (5868 views)

Shortcut

International Drivers Permt

Can't Post | Private Reply
I just recently was asked by FOX Rental Car CO. in San Diego, CA for an International Drivers Permit to go with my Mexican Drivers License in order to rent a car. This is the first time in my life that has been requested. Where in Mexico does one obtain the Permit since I read that Mexico didn't sign the international accord.

mattoleriver

Feb 24, 2017, 8:01 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5840 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skier14] International Drivers Permt

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Mexico_-_Obtain_an_International_Driving_Permit

(This post was edited by RickS on Feb 25, 2017, 6:39 AM)

skier14

Feb 25, 2017, 8:27 AM

Post #3 of 6 (5817 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mattoleriver] International Drivers Permt

Sure not simple, but thanks.

Aaron+

Feb 26, 2017, 11:42 AM

Post #4 of 6 (5785 views)

Shortcut

Besides the AMA, the ANA also issues international drivers licenses in Mexico. The ANA is also in Mexico City (and Toluca, I believe). Not very convenient for those elsewhere. However, if you do an internet search on Licencia Internacional with the name of the major city nearest you, you may find local organizations that also issue such, as in Guadalajara. There are also firms that offer to obtain such for you without your going to CdMx.

esperanza

Mar 7, 2017, 6:48 PM

Post #5 of 6 (5700 views)

Shortcut

If it were me, I'd use a different car rental company. My Mexican driver's license has always been accepted at Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

skier14

Mar 7, 2017, 8:21 PM

Post #6 of 6 (5693 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] International Drivers Permt

Esperanza, I have rented a car from numerous car companies before including FOX, and this is the first time my Mexican drivers license wasn't good enough. I spend quite a few weeks before my trip searching for a BEST price and this time FOX was about $100 less than competition. Could be that my 83 years was scaring them and they used the license deal to deny me a car. I went right over to PAYLESS and got a car, but extra $85 for the 3 week rental.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4