Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Aaron+

Jan 16, 2017, 4:00 PM

Post #1 of 3 (6644 views)

Shortcut

Playa del Carmen attack leaves various dead, wounded

Can't Post | Private Reply
Perhaps it was just a single gunman who opened up fire 2:30 a.m. this Monday on attendees at a popular Playa del Carmen bar, the Blue Parrot, killing three (one in the exiting stampede), including two Canadians who were providing security, and wounding others. Two U.S. citizens and another Canadian were among injured who were taken to a hospital but released later. See: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/...ing/article33631412/

Other reports claim that the festival security had barred entry to a Gulf Cartel member seeking to sell drugs.

My comment: The US and Canadian foreign ministries have pretended that QR is free of the drug and other violence common most everywhere else in Mexico (not in the state of Yucatan so far) so as to not threaten the tourist trade in QR.

playaboy

Jan 17, 2017, 5:01 AM

Post #2 of 3 (6624 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Playa del Carmen attack leaves various dead, wounded

In Reply To

My comment: The US and Canadian foreign ministries have pretended that QR is free of the drug and other violence common most everywhere else in Mexico (not in the state of Yucatan so far) so as to not threaten the tourist trade in QR.

There is no pretending. Considering the amount of visitors to the area, the Riviera Maya tourist zone has been relatively "violence free" until a couple of days ago. I hope this is an isolated incident and not the beginning of a new era.

Tourist want DRUGS, so there are drug sellers.

playaboy

Jan 18, 2017, 4:28 AM

Post #3 of 3 (6586 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Playa del Carmen attack leaves various dead, wounded

In Reply To

In Reply To

There is no pretending. Considering the amount of visitors to the area, the Riviera Maya tourist zone has been relatively "violence free" until a couple of days ago. I hope this is an isolated incident and not the beginning of a new era.

Tourist want DRUGS, so there are drug sellers.

Well, hopes gets dashed. Looks like things are getting nasty.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4