Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Guero

Dec 30, 2016, 10:52 AM

Post #1 of 4 (7134 views)

Shortcut

TIP Update: Interesting twist.

Can't Post | Private Reply
I replied to this forum as it appears slightly more active than the General forum, where you can find my original post.

I have a few more months of work before I "retire". My Mexican wife and daughters have already moved to Aguascalientes, and we have bought a nice home in a coto, found an excellent private school and are integrating nicely. Lots of family spread out from Queretaro to Guadalajara.

In June, I imported a non-Nafta Volvo, driving from Oregon to AGS. The TIP expired Tuesday, Dec. 27. My wife, who is on the title, went to AGS INM. They told her to return after Christmas break. They said they can renew the TIP, no problem. Just wanted to get this out there, that INM will work with you on this if a Mexican national is involved. I will update as needed.

RickS

Dec 30, 2016, 1:47 PM

Post #2 of 4 (7117 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Guero] TIP Update: Interesting twist.

Yes, please do update. It has to be your wife's visa status that has them saying this.

AlanMexicali

Dec 30, 2016, 3:33 PM

Post #3 of 4 (7111 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Guero] TIP Update: Interesting twist.

In Reply To
I replied to this forum as it appears slightly more active than the General forum, where you can find my original post.

I have a few more months of work before I "retire". My Mexican wife and daughters have already moved to Aguascalientes, and we have bought a nice home in a coto, found an excellent private school and are integrating nicely. Lots of family spread out from Queretaro to Guadalajara.

In June, I imported a non-Nafta Volvo, driving from Oregon to AGS. The TIP expired Tuesday, Dec. 27. My wife, who is on the title, went to AGS INM. They told her to return after Christmas break. They said they can renew the TIP, no problem. Just wanted to get this out there, that INM will work with you on this if a Mexican national is involved. I will update as needed.

INM has nothing to do with temporary import permits [TIPs]. It is Banjercito/SAT/ADUANA that is involved. If your wife had the TIP in her name being a Mexican National it would be valid for 12 months with multiple exit and re-enter privilages only allowing the vehicle to be physically in Mexico for 180 days in those 12 months without returning the TIP and getting a new one. If your name is on the TIP and you entered on a 180 day FMM tourist card the TIP expired after the 180 days on Dec. 27th. and your vehicle in now illegally in Mexico. It appears your TIP was valid for the 180 days and you didnīt drive the vehicle back to the border - have the TIP removed - get a reciept - and return to get a new TIP.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Dec 30, 2016, 3:36 PM)

Guero

Dec 30, 2016, 9:15 PM

Post #4 of 4 (7087 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] TIP Update: Interesting twist.

You're right Alan. It is not INM. I have INM on my mind for visa reasons. However, this is what they told her, and it didn't seem to be a big issue. I am not there now. If it doesn't happen like that, I'll just have to enjoy another trip to Texas. I'll keep you informed on how this plays out...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4