Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Baja13

Dec 16, 2016, 1:01 AM

Post #1 of 3 (7103 views)

Shortcut

Establishing CFE account

Can't Post | Private Reply
My parents just bought a house in Mexico. I was wondering if I could include my name on their CFE account as I handle most of their affairs.

Maesonna

Dec 16, 2016, 4:23 PM

Post #2 of 3 (7066 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Baja13] Establishing CFE account

I don’t know if it actually makes that much difference whose name is on the account. The reason I say that is because it’s common (for example) to use a CFE bill as an official “proof of address” and nobody cares that the name of the person using it for that purpose is different from the name on the bill. When I have done that that nobody asked or checked what my relationship was with the person whose name is on the CFE account. (Happens to be my husband, but as I said, no one asked.)
Another scenario is that people rent or buy a house and the name on the CFE account is that of a previous owner and there seems to be no urgency to change it, which I guess is because it doesn’t matter.
All this is just speculation based on my limited experience. But it suggests to me that there might not be any benefit to your name being on the account.

(This post was edited by Maesonna on Dec 16, 2016, 4:24 PM)

TedZar

Jan 1, 2017, 3:18 PM

Post #3 of 3 (6914 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Establishing CFE account

If you go to a CFE office with your parents, you will probably have no problems at all getting your name on the account - for whatever reason. I had to change my account from the previous owner to me and all I needed was a letter from the previous account owner (with a scan of her residente temporal). I found the people at the CFE office to be professional, helpful and easy to deal with.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4