Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

rustbox

Dec 3, 2016, 6:38 AM

Post #1 of 10 (5211 views)

Shortcut

Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know how to set this up down here. I have a Hopper 3 set up with 129 and 77. I get about 2/3 of the channels in the Dish Flex Pack, only 2 Showtime Channels but all locals out of Ohio.

However if I want to add programming such as HBO, Dish agents tell me I must re-align my dishes first.

I think I have to add a third satellite. From my research it looks like 110 is the best. I already have two 3 meter dishes and a 1 meter from a prior Directv hookup.

I have a DIsh Pro hybrid 3 LNB, but I believe only one LNB is actually hooked up at present. I have two other single Dish Pro LNBs and again one is hooked up. I also have the hybrid solo switch which I believe is necessary for a Hopper 3.

What other switch(es) do I need to connect three LNBs to the one hybrid switch that feeds the receiver? Is it possible to hook up three separate LNBs to the solo switch?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

hodamayo

Dec 4, 2016, 5:56 AM

Post #2 of 10 (5195 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rustbox] Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

Rustbox,

Mike Mayo here. Let me do some research since you are not in my area on the footprint. I can tell you that at this time you can only hook 2 antennas using the Hybrid antenna and 77 has networks in HD. When you say you are only receiving 2/3 of your programming, what do you feel your are losing or missing? What would you like to add or see?
Mike Mayo
hodamayo@hotmail.com
998 147 2532 Telcel
832 861 5106 Vonage
Facebook.USsatelliteTV.com

johanson / Moderator

Dec 4, 2016, 6:31 AM

Post #3 of 10 (5193 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hodamayo] Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

I'm glad to see you posting here, Mike. All I know is that where I live along the shores of Lake Chapala, we gave up on the satellite at 129 degrees, because even with a 2.4 meter dish we had problems picking much of anything up reliably
110 and 119 come in well.
Me I use Shaw Direct and DirecTV
Well, I am off to Costco to pick up a new 65 inch TV that's on sale. I'm getting a ride so I can't add anything to this subject at this time

hodamayo

Dec 4, 2016, 6:38 AM

Post #4 of 10 (5192 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

I think you need to go to a Hopper 2 so you can add the extra orbital you need. I am in Cancun area and not really familiar with the footprints in your area. I have never even seen 129 down here. I use mainly 77 and 110 and in some cases 119 I know the guys that set up that system and trust their judgement.
Mike Mayo
hodamayo@hotmail.com
998 147 2532 Telcel
832 861 5106 Vonage
Facebook.USsatelliteTV.com

rustbox

Dec 4, 2016, 7:10 AM

Post #5 of 10 (5186 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hodamayo] Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

To answer your questions. I am presently hooked up to 129 and 77. I know that a Hooper 3 is only supposed to receive two satellites, but it really can receive four, if you look at the Status or Settings pages of Diagnostics. I have seen pictures of US setups with all four active.

I have also seen wiring diagrams on the net that show 3 separate dishes hooked up to a Hopper 3 through some sort of switch, but I can't identify the make or model of that switch. I tried to attache the blurry picture I found.

As far as programming goes, the Dish Flex Pack contains 60 channels. I get about 40. The Showtime package is at least 6 channels, but I get two.

My main problems is that if I want to add something like HBO, I have to contact an agent and the agent says he wants to send a tech to my house to realign my dishes, which is obviously impossible. I think that if I can identify the switch I may be able to solve my problems.

Thanks for your help.

Mel Berry

Dec 4, 2016, 7:38 AM

Post #6 of 10 (5176 views)

Shortcut

Hi Rustbox

The Hopper 3 will simply not (yet) connect to unless you use a 2.4m antenna and configure it in a way that uses the wrong Feed inputs. And this is not something you could figure out without the exact correct antenna, and a knowleageble technician on site

FYI sometime next year the Hybrid-switch (HYB-33, or the HYB-44) will be available that will help you use 3 or more satellites with your Hopper 3.

Presently only the Hopper 1 and 2 can use 3, 4, or sometimes 5 Satellites using the correct switcher.

Regarding the orbitals available to you, these are the only DISH satellites you can receive in Ajijic to my knowledge: 129/121/119/118.7/110/77
72 and 61.5 require a VERY large antenna for your area that I am assuming you will not afford

Curious.... how do you upload photos to this forum?

(This post was edited by Mel Berry on Dec 4, 2016, 7:54 AM)

rustbox

Dec 4, 2016, 7:48 AM

Post #7 of 10 (5172 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mel Berry] Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

I didn't know the photo upload worked. But at the bottom of the page where you post, there is a area to add an attachment.

Thanks for your help. It was most useful.

Mel Berry

Dec 4, 2016, 8:11 AM

Post #8 of 10 (5159 views)

Shortcut

http://houstonmedia.com.mx/...358-883-img_3067.jpg

(This post was edited by RickS on Dec 4, 2016, 10:22 AM)

johanson / Moderator

Dec 4, 2016, 5:20 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5140 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mel Berry] Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

My goodness. Hi Mel. It's good to read names that I know etc from the past. Well I returned with my 65 inch smart 4K etc TV. (Brag, brag :) Costco discounted the price by 20%
All I know is that the picture quality is better than is available on Shaw, DirecTV or Digital Telecable.. And should I want to stream HD, I'm limited by internet speed of only
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5851478353]

Well it's time to turn on NBC and watch my Seattle Seahawks hopefully win again :)

Mel Berry

Dec 4, 2016, 5:46 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5133 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Dish Hopper 3 Chapala Area

Hey John --good to hear, and I see that Telmex continues to choke your upload, but at least you can DL stuff now at the lake. And considering you are watching NBC Spokane via SHAW, right?

You have any trouble streaming from the US, or are you already way past that issue?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4