Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

YucaLandia

Nov 29, 2016, 1:01 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2784 views)

Shortcut

New Rules for Naturalized Mexican Citizens with US Passport Renewals

Can't Post | Private Reply
... Are you a US Citizen or US National applying to renew your passport?

Are you also a naturalized citizen of another country?

If so, the US State Department has created several 'Catch 22's' that have no official published solutions, and even some US Consulates are unaware of how to resolve the knotty problems.

Here's an article that describes exactly how to meet the current thicket of 3 different overlapping sets of US govt. requirements:
https://yucalandia.com/...s-passport-renewals/

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

YucaLandia

Nov 29, 2016, 1:03 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2783 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] New Rules for Naturalized Mexican Citizens with US Passport Renewals

… Hint: These issues are likely to become even more important under Trump’s scrutiny of people with formal connections to Mexico …
;)
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

viktoremski

Nov 30, 2016, 12:07 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2739 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] New Rules for Naturalized Mexican Citizens with US Passport Renewals

That really sucks... For now, I'm safe (or am I?), as I have seven more years to go with the current US passport. After that, I might be stripped of my US citizenship. In such case, I wonder, how difficult it would become to continue receiving pension from US employer, and how difficult it would be to apply for SS benefits, once I reach the minimum age of 62...

mcm

Nov 30, 2016, 1:04 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2730 views)

Shortcut

Re: [viktoremski] New Rules for Naturalized Mexican Citizens with US Passport Renewals

The ''new'' rule that Yucalandia writes about is NOT new. It's appeared on the passport renewal form for years (in response to a similar post on a Facebook forum, a US consular representative posted the 2008, 2013, and 2016 renewal forms, to demonstrate that the wording has not changed). US citizens who also are naturalized Mexican citizens have been renewing their passports for years, with no problems. I suspect that the original poster, who is a newly naturalized Mexican citizen, ran into this for the first time, and thought it worth writing about. Don't worry. If you are worried, e-mail the US Embassy and ask for clarification.

viktoremski

Nov 30, 2016, 2:20 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2724 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mcm] New Rules for Naturalized Mexican Citizens with US Passport Renewals

Thanks. Started breathing again...

Druxha

Aug 31, 2017, 12:05 PM

Post #6 of 6 (768 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mcm] New Rules for Naturalized Mexican Citizens with US Passport Renewals

mcm, you are absolutely correct in what you wrote here.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4