Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

El Turco

Nov 30, 2016, 6:09 AM

Post #1 of 11 (9233 views)

Shortcut

Marrying a Mexican

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello,

I am from Istanbul/Turkey. I visited Mexico last year. I had a great time. I have Mexican girlfriend now and we want to get marry in Mexico City. I am reading about papers what we need for marry but i have more questions. I hope you all help me.

1- My Mexican visa is online for 30 days. I am thinking a buy round away tickets . Because Mexican officer asked me return tickets at airport. It's mean i have 30 days for marry )) Can we do all papers & marry in these days ?

2- After 30 days , i have to back Istanbul and fly again to Mexico . This time i don't need online visa because i am married with a Mexican woman. How can i change my status in mx and get temporary visa ? I think we have to stay 2 years married for Permanent visa .

I ll post again .
Thank u all

Mert ,

YucaLandia

Nov 30, 2016, 6:59 AM

Post #2 of 11 (9227 views)

Shortcut

Re: [El Turco] Marrying a Mexican

You'll need the basic things (passport, etc + copies of everything) to get started ... and each State Registro Civil office has their own requirements.

Get a list of the required documents, letters, etc from your Mexican State's Registro Office.

Plus, all key Turkish documents will need to be apostilled, by the appropriate authorities in Turkey (because Turkey is a signer of the Hague Convention).

Plus, you will need to get APPROVED TRANSLATIONS of every non-Spanish document (including the apostilles), translated by an official translator who is certified -approved- by your Mexican State's Registro office.

It took our State Registro certified official translator over a week to translate my English documents.

See these links for details & specifics:

https://yucalandia.com/...a Residente Temporal

and
https://yucalandia.com/...Residente Permanente

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Nov 30, 2016, 7:12 AM)

El Turco

Nov 30, 2016, 3:29 PM

Post #3 of 11 (9199 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Marrying a Mexican

Thank you Steve, I will check your site.

Things to do in Istanbul :

1- Birth Certificate then make apostille and translate to spanish both of papers .( I think i need to call Consulate of Mexico for who is approved )

or translate in Mexico ?

Things to do in Mexico :

1- Blood Tests

2- Need Four Witnesses

3- Go to "Secretaria de Gobernacion - Oficina de Migracion" fee 100-200$ and get a permit to marry a Mexican.

4- Pay Marriage License fee ( i dont know how much is it )

5- and marry at Local Registry Office ( i hope )

---
Steve , i copied this part from your site . You know i will stay 30 days in Mexico. I have to back İstanbul after marriage. It will be problem go to istanbul and back mexico after one months ?

" Foreigners who are married to Mexicans can enter Mexico on Visitante Visas (as a tourist) and then apply for a Residente Temporal visa at your local INM office inside Mexico under the Vinculo Familiar program "

viktoremski

Dec 1, 2016, 10:39 AM

Post #4 of 11 (9169 views)

Shortcut

It's possible they will tell you that the translator of the apostilled document has to be from Mexico. Then you can have it done right before getting married, by their recognized translator in Mexico.
If you're getting married in Mexico City, you will probably not need the witnesses. No need for blood tests, either. At least we did not need any. However, if it is a different city, then most likely yes, you need witnesses and lab tests.

YucaLandia

Dec 1, 2016, 5:36 PM

Post #5 of 11 (9142 views)

Shortcut

Re: [viktoremski] Marrying a Mexican

Our experience with the Yucatan State Registro Civil office is the same as Victor's.

Our Registro only accepts document translations made by their approved certified translator.

We had translations of all our documents, including the apostille documents, but those translations only made the Registro Civil Offices' approved local translator's job easier.

??
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff

YucaLandia

Dec 1, 2016, 5:44 PM

Post #6 of 11 (9141 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Thank you Steve, I will check your site.

Things to do in Mexico :

1- Blood Tests

2- Need Four Witnesses

3- Go to "Secretaria de Gobernacion - Oficina de Migracion" fee 100-200$ and get a permit to marry a Mexican.

4- Pay Marriage License fee ( i dont know how much is it )

5- and marry at Local Registry Office ( i hope )

---
Steve , i copied this part from your site . You know i will stay 30 days in Mexico. I have to back İstanbul after marriage. It will be problem go to istanbul and back mexico after one months ?

" Foreigners who are married to Mexicans can enter Mexico on Visitante Visas (as a tourist) and then apply for a Residente Temporal visa at your local INM office inside Mexico under the Vinculo Familiar program "

Hi Mert,
A few more comments.

#3 Don't plan to go to the INM / SEGOB office before the wedding. They have not approved marriages for at least 5 years.

Once you are married, then you go to INM (migración) offices to start the Vinculo Familiar visa/residency process.

A new #3 ?
3. Go to your Mexican state's Registro Civil office and start the application process. They should give you a list of documents & instructions for how to apply to get married.

Once you have given them everything they want, they then schedule an appointment (sometimes in a week or 2) for you to return and get married.

Once you are married, and have started your new residency process at INM under the Vinculo Familiar program, THEN if you want to travel outside Mexico, you apply at the INM office for a temporary permit (letter) allowing you to exit and re-enter Mexico (see the Yucalandia article for details on this).

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff

Aaron+

Dec 4, 2016, 7:23 AM

Post #7 of 11 (9078 views)

Shortcut

The Yucatan registrar has an official translator for apostilles and documents in Turkish?

YucaLandia

Dec 4, 2016, 4:23 PM

Post #8 of 11 (9057 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Marrying a Mexican

Too funny !

and a good point...
-
Read-on MacDuff

rvgringo

Dec 5, 2016, 8:47 AM

Post #9 of 11 (9030 views)

Shortcut

Olmaz, efendim....olmaz! Hiç bir sey var.

(This post was edited by rvgringo on Dec 5, 2016, 8:49 AM)

El Turco

Jan 3, 2017, 2:25 AM

Post #10 of 11 (8714 views)

Shortcut

Today i went to take my birth certificate . It was so easy . I waited only 5 minutes. I asked to her for apostille but she said this paper is international. No need make apostille .

I hope she is right ! :)

Btw : I bought tickets for mexico . Feb 6

rvgringo

Jan 3, 2017, 2:57 PM

Post #11 of 11 (8681 views)

Shortcut

HoȘ geldiniz !

KarȘiyaka, Izmir 1960s

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4