Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

zavid

Nov 26, 2016, 9:10 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3037 views)

Shortcut

San Miguel de Allende question

Can't Post | Private Reply
My husband and I are considering a permanent move to Mexico. We've traveled across Mexico numerous times, as well as to countries in Central/South America. San Miguel is on our short list, & we're prepared to rent there for at least a year to make sure it's the right fit. We are learning Spanish, and are down-to-earth types. I'm a teacher, & my husband is an artist. We're making a trip in December. Does anyone know of a venue in San Miguel where expats hang out, so we could talk to residents? If you live there, and are around over the holidays, we'd meet up with you to get your input. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Zoe

RickS

Nov 26, 2016, 11:46 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3020 views)

Shortcut

Re: [zavid] San Miguel de Allende question

Zoe, there are any number of places but your best/easiest bet is the "san miguel biblioteca publica" in Centro. Google it.

Also you may want to join the Yahoo Groups 'forum' for San Miguel.... Civil_SMA https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Civil_SMA/info click on 'conversations' and get the day's running commentary.

(This post was edited by RickS on Nov 26, 2016, 11:50 AM)

ValRomx

Dec 22, 2016, 8:43 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2896 views)

Shortcut

Re: [zavid] San Miguel de Allende question

In addition to the Biblioteca, there are a number of cafes in Centro where ex-pats hangoout. Juan's - on Relox just down the street from one of the entrances to the Biblioteca is one. Buen Dia Cafe on Pueblito - also near the Biblioteca - is another. La Mesa Grande on Zacateros. There are many others.

You can also try the churches that cater to ex-pats - Unitarian-Universalist (meets in the Posada de Aldea on Ancha San Antonio), St Paul's (on Calzada del Cardo) , and the Community Church of San Miguel. There's also a Jewish Community Center on Las Moras. An easy way to meet a lot of people at one time.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4