Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

dremix09

Nov 15, 2016, 12:03 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3268 views)

Shortcut

Changes to Visa/Expiration

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi Guys,

So i've been a bit nervous. My situation has recently changed in Mexico and also my Visa is expiring within 30 days. Back ground. I came to mexico teaching English so obviously the school that i worked for sponsored my temp visa. So now it is about to be time to renew. However, I am not going to be working at this school anymore within the next year, and my address has also changed within the past few weeks. Will I need to fill out 2 separate forms changing this when I go to renew? Or will I need to redo the complete visa process? I guess i'm just anxious haha. I am scared they will see the stuff changed right before expiration and deny me staying again. I am now employees with a company based in California but it's remote work so I technically wont need the permission to work in mex anymore because my pay and stuff is all done in the US. What documents will I need to provide? Sorry I know this is alot of info..i've just been nervous and could use the support haha. Thank you so much.

YucaLandia

Nov 15, 2016, 5:21 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3247 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dremix09] Changes to Visa/Expiration

Residente Temporal & Residente Permanente visa holders have 90 days to notify INM of life changes, like moving, or changing employers, so, just use your current address when applying to renew your visa.

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

dremix09

Nov 16, 2016, 9:17 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3209 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Changes to Visa/Expiration

Hi and thank you for your reply. I am a bit confused. I just spoke to the hotline for INM, and they told me that because my new company is not a mexican company, that I will need to get a whole new visa. Is this true? She did not seem too confident. Again, I came to mexico with the permission to work...however my new company isn't a mexican company. Will i really need to get a whole new visa? This would have to take place outside of the country right? =(

rvgringo

Nov 16, 2016, 10:19 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3199 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dremix09] Changes to Visa/Expiration

My best guess is that you will have to renew without the permission to work, and will probably have to provide the financial proofs for the visa. I suggest that you go, in person, to the INM office where you will renew, and ask them. They are the ones who will make the decision; not someone on a hot-line. If you can qualify financially, you may not have to leave the country to renew. If you cannot qualify, you may have to leave until you can qualify by means of your new income stream for the next year, established by bank deposits.
Do ask INM.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4