Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Mexicanbill

Nov 4, 2016, 6:47 PM

Post #1 of 5 (20778 views)

Shortcut

Leaving country with a Residente Temporal

Can't Post | Private Reply
Do I need to turn in the lower half of the Mexican immigration form when leaving Mexico by car at Allende before crossing?
The immigration person at the Puerto Vallarta airport said I did not but gave me a blank form "in case someone asks for it" I will be flying back in a couple of weeks and he said I only need the top half which I will use to re-enter the country....
It sounds strange because when I fly out they take the bottom section I believe.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

(This post was edited by RickS on Nov 4, 2016, 9:31 PM)

sparks

Nov 5, 2016, 8:59 AM

Post #2 of 5 (20756 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicanbill] Leaving country with a Residente Temporal

Go to Immigration and fill out a new one. You'll give one part to the airline to get a boarding pass

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

RickS

Nov 5, 2016, 4:10 PM

Post #3 of 5 (20739 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Leaving country with a Residente Temporal

The OP is driving out...... and I suspect driving back in.

Mexicanbill

Nov 6, 2016, 1:06 PM

Post #4 of 5 (20707 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Leaving country with a Residente Temporal

Sorry I didn't make that clear....I am driving out but FLYing back in.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

at7mbe

Nov 27, 2016, 6:57 PM

Post #5 of 5 (18285 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicanbill] Leaving country with a Residente Temporal

This may be too late, because you didn't say when you're leaving. You also didn't clarify which Allende. If it's Allende, Coahuila, where the TIP car permit station is, and you're stopping to turn in your TIP, it's possible you can fill out the exit FMM form there. Last time we drove that way, it was with a Mex-plated vehicle, so we didn't stop there. We stopped at the Piedras Negras immigration office immediately before the bridge to Eagle Pass.

We filled out the form, let them scan our passports and residency card, and they keep the bottom half. When we drove back in, we filled out the date info on the top half and turned it in.

On the top half of the form, "Registro de Entrada/Entry Registration" they checked "Otro/Other" in box 9, "Tipo de Viaje/Purpose of trip". In box 10, "Via de internación/Entering By" they checked "Terrestre/Land". And across boxes 11, 12, and 13 (airline and destination info), they wrote "EVENTO - ESTADISTICA" (event - statistics). At the bottom of the top half, under USO OFICIAL, in the "UNICAMENTE PARA EFECTOS ESTADISTICOS" they checked the type of our tarjeta de residente. MAKE SURE THEY MARK THIS CORRECTLY.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4