Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring


Oct 21, 2016, 5:26 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3450 views)


Married to a Mexican Man

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have recently married a Mexican man and would like to get papers to work in Mexico. Could anyone tell me what is needed. Thanks.


Oct 22, 2016, 6:45 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3425 views)


Re: [sisterinmexico] Married to a Mexican Man

Can't Post | Private Reply
What visa do you have to stay in Mexico?

Was your marriage registered with your state's Registro Civil office?

Do you have the documentation from that?

Take that documentation to your INM office, and ask what their local procedure is for registering-getting permission to work.

Some INM offices start the application process, and then send you to your Hacienda office to get an RFC. Other INM offices require that you go to Hacienda first, get an RFC, and then return to INM with:

~ original & copy of your passport
~ your visa
~ a letter describing that you want to begin working in Mexico; what work you will be doing; the employer's name & address; the name of the person you will report to; the exact kind of work you will be doing; and when you hope to start.

Some INM offices want the Mexican employer to provide a letter (on company letterhead) formally offering you a job, including the name of the boss, your anticipated job title, job responsibilities, etc.

Each INM office often has their own local quirks in their local requirements, so it's best to ask them first.

Happy Trails,
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Oct 22, 2016, 6:46 AM)
Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4