Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

afrochica

Oct 18, 2016, 9:53 PM

Post #1 of 4 (15261 views)

Shortcut

visa overstay of 5+ years-help!!!!!!!!!!

Can't Post | Private Reply
i have a friend who is too terrified to even research what will happen but essentially her tourist visa is at least 5 years expired. now due to an extreme emergency, she has to get out of Mexico. she is leaving via a small airport tomorrow. what is the worst case scenario on the part of INM? fine? prison? or fine and the guarantee that she will never be able to return to mexico. statistics say there are many US citizens over the age of 60 in this situation but i can't find anything on anyone who has actually witnessed what happens. she is terrified she will be imprisoned in mexico. we have 24 hours and i just can't live in fear. i need to know what to expect for her at the airport tmrw. THANK YOU!

GodsGiftToMexico

Oct 18, 2016, 10:02 PM

Post #2 of 4 (15260 views)

Shortcut

Re: [afrochica] visa overstay of 5+ years-help!!!!!!!!!!

In Reply To
i have a friend who is too terrified to even research what will happen but essentially her tourist visa is at least 5 years expired. now due to an extreme emergency, she has to get out of Mexico. she is leaving via a small airport tomorrow. what is the worst case scenario on the part of INM? fine? prison? or fine and the guarantee that she will never be able to return to mexico. statistics say there are many US citizens over the age of 60 in this situation but i can't find anything on anyone who has actually witnessed what happens. she is terrified she will be imprisoned in mexico. we have 24 hours and i just can't live in fear. i need to know what to expect for her at the airport tmrw. THANK YOU!

Tell your friend that North Korea has no extradition treaty with Mexico.

No prison. Under president Calderone, the immigration law got decriminalized.
-----------------------------------------------
God's Gift To Mexico
http://PuntaBanda.org

AlanMexicali

Oct 19, 2016, 2:08 AM

Post #3 of 4 (15250 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

My friend lost his Residente Temporal card this June and was at the airport in Mexico trying to take an American Airlines flight to Houston to connect to Louisville Tennessee. The American Airlines staff at the gate would not let him board the plane with no INM document. They sent him to the INM office at the airport and they would not give him anything but told him to go to the main INM office in the city to get it straightened out. There is a good chance she will get the same treatment.

If she goes to the INM office at the airport and says she lost the FMM tourist card she might get a new one there and pay about a $400.00 peso fine. The INM offices at small airports close at about 7 PM so go early. My friend knew he could not ask for a FMM tourist card and had a photo of his TR card on his Smart phone but both the Airlines and INM officer said copies or photos are no good, only the card is.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Oct 19, 2016, 2:31 AM)

playaboy

Oct 20, 2016, 6:53 AM

Post #4 of 4 (15201 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

What happened when your friend got to the airport?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4