Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

PonyMex

Oct 13, 2016, 6:43 AM

Post #1 of 14 (14574 views)

Shortcut

Mail Forwarding Service

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife and I visited Queretaro last month and found our new home in Juriquilla. I also got a temp visa at the local Mexican consulate this week. Now we need to find a mail forwarding service from USA to Juriquilla, Queretaro in order for us to maintain our bank accounts in USA.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you in advance

jeffie1

Oct 13, 2016, 8:02 AM

Post #2 of 14 (14560 views)

Shortcut

Re: [PonyMex] Mail Forwarding Service

Here are a few possible solutions:
http://vdocs.org
https://travelingmailbox.com/
https://www.mailboxforwarding.com/index.php
Good luck,
Jeff

joaquinx

Oct 13, 2016, 9:26 AM

Post #3 of 14 (14552 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
My wife and I visited Queretaro last month and found our new home in Juriquilla. I also got a temp visa at the local Mexican consulate this week. Now we need to find a mail forwarding service from USA to Juriquilla, Queretaro in order for us to maintain our bank accounts in USA.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

You can maintain your bank accounts and get statements over the internet. No need to get mail from your bank.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

viktoremski

Oct 13, 2016, 10:17 AM

Post #4 of 14 (14544 views)

Shortcut

Re: [joaquinx] Mail Forwarding Service

Jeff - great information! Useful to me, since I will be moving down to Puerto Vallarta in a few months.
Joaquinx - "You can maintain your bank accounts and get statements over the internet." - I remember reading on this forum that banks tend to close accounts when they find out that the person does not physically live in the US. Is that no longer true?

joaquinx

Oct 13, 2016, 10:32 AM

Post #5 of 14 (14541 views)

Shortcut

Re: [viktoremski] Mail Forwarding Service

In Reply To
Jeff - great information! Useful to me, since I will be moving down to Puerto Vallarta in a few months.
Joaquinx - "You can maintain your bank accounts and get statements over the internet." - I remember reading on this forum that banks tend to close accounts when they find out that the person does not physically live in the US. Is that no longer true?

I have a checking account and a credit card with BofA. Both accounts show my Mexican address. I ordered the credit card over the telephone and told the agent there that I live in Mexico. No cancellations yet. I do get my statements over the internet and these statements show my Mexican address.

The only account cancellations that I am aware of were for BanamexUSA, a bank that got caught un in a money laundering scam, and now no longer exists.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

viktoremski

Oct 13, 2016, 10:46 AM

Post #6 of 14 (14537 views)

Shortcut

Thanks!

Gringal

Oct 13, 2016, 2:41 PM

Post #7 of 14 (14520 views)

Shortcut

I have recently read on another forum that Wells Fargo bank is also dumping their Mexican customers.

joaquinx

Oct 13, 2016, 2:45 PM

Post #8 of 14 (14518 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Mail Forwarding Service

In Reply To
I have recently read on another forum that Wells Fargo bank is also dumping their Mexican customers.

Also implies that there are other banks. Wells Fargo has other problems that they are paying hefty fines. There is no reason for dumping foreign customers unless they are engaging in money laundering.
_______

RickS

Oct 13, 2016, 6:09 PM

Post #9 of 14 (14510 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

Well, they just dumped their CEO also.... but that's another story.

rosemaryt

Nov 17, 2016, 5:45 AM

Post #10 of 14 (14170 views)

Shortcut

I guess I've arrived just a bit late to the rescue, if you have luck you can attempt to contact the https://www.postscanmail.com/...ices/mail/forwarding , I am very happy with the service.

(This post was edited by rosemaryt on Nov 17, 2016, 5:50 AM)

Mexicanbill

Dec 17, 2016, 1:39 AM

Post #11 of 14 (13866 views)

Shortcut

we have accounts with BofA and Wells Fargo. Living in Puerto Vallarta for the past couple of years, we have had nothing but problems with Wells Fargo but no problems with BofA.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

carolynroberts5231

Feb 5, 2017, 1:57 AM

Post #12 of 14 (13284 views)

Shortcut

i can recommend to you two companies provided Mailbox Forwarding services like: Maillabs and earthcalssmaill, the best 2 in U.S.

max452

Feb 13, 2018, 6:27 AM

Post #13 of 14 (4083 views)

Shortcut

yupe am using postscanmail for a year now, they are pretty good and cheap compared to others.http://www.postscanmail.com

(This post was edited by max452 on Feb 13, 2018, 6:28 AM)

max452

Feb 15, 2018, 2:32 AM

Post #14 of 14 (4042 views)

Shortcut

Hi PonyMex, there are many services in the USA that can help you as some of our fellows told you, I personally use one of them, give them a try https://www.postscanmail.com/

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4