Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Aaron+

Oct 4, 2016, 8:20 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3313 views)

Shortcut

Mexican Mail - EMS letter express - report

Can't Post | Private Reply
Checking the USPO tracking system, I found that the letter is sent by Correos de Mexico EMS service on Sept. 23 arrived yesterday at my sister's in suburban Philadelphia. The staff of the Siglo XXI post office had said to expect delivery within 10 days, and they were right on target. I am impressed.

Tracking info while in Mexico clearly shown on the Correos de Mexico tracking site. To my surprise, the tracking continued on the USPO site, as shown below:

LAFAYETTE HL, PA 19444.
October 3, 2016 , 11:16 am
Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)
LAFAYETTE HILL, PA 19444
October 3, 2016 , 6:32 am
Arrived at Post Office
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA 19428
October 1, 2016 , 11:23 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
September 28, 2016 , 4:17 pm
MEXICO EMS, MEXICO
September 27, 2016 , 9:01 pm
MEXICO EMS, MEXICO

Correos de Mexico charged the then current peso equivalent of $US 25. DHL would have charged about $36, and no doubt would have arrived earlier. But 10 days was fine with me, and $25 worth it. Cheapest rates shipping by FedEx or UPS were even more expensive than DHL b $US10-20.

Moral of the story: for important but non-urgent express deliveries to the USA, consider Correos de Mexico's MEXPOST EMS service. (Regular Mexican mail to/from Merida to the Phila. area takes 6 weeks to 3 months:)

roberb7

Oct 4, 2016, 9:57 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3299 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Mexican Mail - EMS letter express - report

Is there an equivalent service for sending from Canada and the US to Mexico?

Aaron+

Oct 7, 2016, 9:48 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3224 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roberb7] Mexican Mail - EMS letter express - report

Both the USPS and Canada Post offer several international letter (or package) priority or express services, all providing tracking. For mail going to Mexico, one never knows what will happen in Mexican Customs (Aduana) or the underequipped international sorting offices of Correos de Mexico. Canada Post, working apparently with FedEx and has a flat rate international envelope for $Can 66. I suppose you might get charged less not using the flat rate unit.

bigriver

Oct 7, 2016, 7:58 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3195 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Mexican Mail - EMS letter express - report

Interesting read. Recently mail was sent through normal channels via USPS to Los Mochis, Sinaloa from Tucson; 6 weeks delivery time!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4