Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

MayaDoc

Aug 24, 2016, 6:31 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3040 views)

Shortcut

Baja Sur - Where should we go during two weeks research tour?

Can't Post | Private Reply
We're in love with Mexico and have been returning year after year to experience as much as possible. We'd be grateful for suggestions on where to go to experience nature, local culture, beach and inland adventures, anything that's typically Baja. We like vacation rentals for two and would appreciate suggestions on places to stay of any type, except all-inclusive resorts.

We'll be driving around and would like to know what the highways are like and what are good sources for current events and life in Baja Sur. We'll fly into Baja from Mexico City. Is La Paz the best place to fly into?

Thank you for all the valuable help we've received from this Forum for so many years.

chicois8

Aug 24, 2016, 7:05 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3037 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MayaDoc] Baja Sur - Where should we go during two weeks research tour?

BCS has so many interesting things to do many books have been written about it, tow that I used was The Magnificent Peninsula and Baja Adventure Book...From whale watching, swimming with whale sharks, snorkeling with sea lions, to visiting pronghorn sheep in the Vizcaino desert, climbing mountains, snorkeling a coral reef at Cabo Pulmo, kayaking in Bahia Conception, visiting ranchos, seeing cave paintings and much more...
Roads are fine and plenty of hotels in towns...I would fly into La Paz, rent a car and go exploring...Read one of the books and decide how you want to send your time for what ever interests you...I have probably driven Baja 30+ times since 1971 and am happy to help.......suerte
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

Elona

Aug 26, 2016, 4:28 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3003 views)

Shortcut

In 2013 we started our tour in Los Cabos.
Here is a link to my website http://www.amerikaundwandern.de/...ericht-2013/planung/
and maybe you can get some inspiration. However, only in german language, but you can see the images and to be able to use the translator of Google.
Unfortunately we had only one week, but you should spend a few days in Los Cabos or wherever you like.
Saludos,

Elona

tonyburton

Aug 26, 2016, 7:50 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2990 views)

Shortcut

You will find several useful articles right here on MexConnect - our site search engine [top right of every page] will help you find them all.

For starters, here are two of my own contributions:
Part one - La Paz and El Triunfo: from beaches and baskets to mines, music and marine park
and
Part two - Cabo Pulmo: from beaches and baskets to mines, music and marine park

Further north, still in Baja California Sur are
Loreto and San Javier: from sun, sand and snorkeling to museums, missions and mountains

Have a great trip!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4