Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

tonyburton

Aug 24, 2016, 3:52 PM

Post #1 of 10 (9557 views)

Shortcut

ROLLY BROOK DAY 2016

Can't Post | Private Reply
Apologies for posting this later than intended.
Rolly Brook Day 2016 was a few days ago - 20 August to be precise.
That was the day when our dear departed Rolly would have celebrated his 85th birthday.
He's no doubt looking down on us right now secure in the knowledge that HE would have been so much more efficient and helpful than we can ever hope to be.
For new readers who want the backstory and are unfamiliar with Rolly's incredible contributions to this and other forums about Mexico over many years, see
http://www.mexconnect.com/...olly-brook-1931-2015

johanson

Aug 24, 2016, 4:13 PM

Post #2 of 10 (9547 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] ROLLY BROOK DAY 2016

Oh Tony, thank you so much for bringing up ROLLY BROOK. He was such a great person. He gave so much to the community and I am sure others truly miss this great man as much as I do.

Aaron+

Aug 26, 2016, 10:18 AM

Post #3 of 10 (9493 views)

Shortcut

I first "met" Rolly via his Internet postings, then via the guide to living in Mexico book that he co-authored, then later by emails and his submissions and moderation of Mexconnect. I even wish I could have visited Lerdo, not for the town, but to meet him in person. He was a great friend to all of us, whether in need of his guidance, or just for being him.

Thanks Tony for recalling Rolly.

drope

Aug 26, 2016, 12:22 PM

Post #4 of 10 (9484 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] ROLLY BROOK DAY 2016

In Reply To
I first "met" Rolly via his Internet postings, then via the guide to living in Mexico book that he co-authored, then later by emails and his submissions and moderation of Mexconnect. I even wish I could have visited Lerdo, not for the town, but to meet him in person. He was a great friend to all of us, whether in need of his guidance, or just for being him.

Thanks Tony for recalling Rolly.

Too bad more of you didn't spend time with Rolly in Lerdo. I'm glad I did! He was a mensch!

CozumelComplete

Sep 10, 2016, 5:43 AM

Post #5 of 10 (9390 views)

Shortcut

Re: [drope] ROLLY BROOK DAY 2016

I kind of stopped coming here when Rolly left us, but decided I could come back now. Miss you Rolly!
Patricia A Holt
Cozumel The Complete Guide II

johanson

Sep 10, 2016, 8:09 PM

Post #6 of 10 (9359 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CozumelComplete] ROLLY BROOK DAY 2016

Welcome back say I from kind of sunny Seattle where I come 3 times per year to visit friends and relatives, and realize how lucky I am to be able to call Mexico home maybe 9 months of the year.
I have to admit that I look forward to my short US visits. And about a week after I get back up here, it's time to make plans to come back. At least Volaris now offers non-stop flights to and from Seattle and Guadalajara 3 days a week.
SORRY, we should be posting about Rolly. I shall therefore add, I miss you, Rolly. Sure wish you were still here. You were the greatest.

smokesilver

Sep 12, 2016, 6:44 PM

Post #7 of 10 (9330 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CozumelComplete] ROLLY BROOK DAY 2016

I always enjoyed reading Rolly's posts no matter the subject.

Teo

Sep 13, 2016, 1:35 PM

Post #8 of 10 (9303 views)

Shortcut

Really miss Rolly's contributions. He was the heart and soul of the Mexconnect fora.

TigerTonio

Sep 15, 2016, 6:48 PM

Post #9 of 10 (9269 views)

Shortcut

Most definitely missing Rolly!

esperanza

Sep 17, 2016, 9:36 AM

Post #10 of 10 (9241 views)

Shortcut

There's hardly a day that goes by that I don't think of my great friend Rolly. He was truly the best. Hasta donde tú estés, Rolly, un abrazo desde acá.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4