Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

mikechartier

Aug 11, 2016, 1:08 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2917 views)

Shortcut

Home water system with cistern

Can't Post | Private Reply
We built a home just south of Puerto Vallarta. The home has 2 tinaco tanks on the roof and a large cistern by the house. The system uses a combination of a pressurized system and the 2 tanks as emergency back up if the water source or the cistern runs out of water. We have a carbon and sediment filter with a uv light to keep the water safe and without sediment. We have 2 sources of water because the city water is not reliable. When the house was built we were never shown a diagram of how everything works. We need someone that knows these type of systems and can help us troubleshoot issues. Looking for a good referral who can help us.

chicois8

Aug 11, 2016, 6:29 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2902 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mikechartier] Home water system with cistern

I have a simular system except I removed the tinacas and just pump from my cistern and have a small portable generator in cases of power failure...I would think any plumber in your area could draw your system and help you troubleshoot future issues....
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

JRinPV

Aug 12, 2016, 8:55 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2882 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mikechartier] Home water system with cistern

The normal system is to pump the water in the cistern up to the tinacos and use gravity after that. Some people instal a pressure pump after the tinaco which may not produce enough hydrostatic pressure for the new Instant Water Heaters. If you're on SEAPAL's supply the water is safe.
Go to a good plumbing store in town and ask them, they will know the plumbers.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4