Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

jeffie1

Jul 27, 2016, 9:02 AM

Post #1 of 12 (6173 views)

Shortcut

Big Feet....need shoes!

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola Amigos:

I have big dogs (size 13 feet). I can't seem to find any retail stores in Mexico that carry larger sizes. Has anyone else run into this problem and possibly found a solution? Guadalajara would be the closest big city for me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Jeff

chinagringo

Jul 27, 2016, 9:22 AM

Post #2 of 12 (6172 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jeffie1] Big Feet....need shoes!

Good luck! Even in the "leather capital of Leon", you would probably be off the scale? I wear 10.5US/29.5MEX and had troubles. On the plus side, should you find your correct size, I would recommend asking about a discount for a slow moving size. I received a $100MXP discount in Queretaro for that very reason.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

travelerjjm

Jul 27, 2016, 10:28 AM

Post #3 of 12 (6160 views)

Shortcut

I do not know where you are, but there are many cobblers (zapateros) and Huracherias all over Mexico and they can custom-make shoes in addition to sandals. While these may not be the same as those from Threadneedle Street, but also far less expensive...

chicois8

Jul 27, 2016, 11:32 AM

Post #4 of 12 (6154 views)

Shortcut

I got a pair of FLIXI (sp ) in San Miguel leather sandals size 12......

You know what they say about men with big feet?
Big socks...........
Ocanahua, Jalisco
San Mateo, California

RuralPuebla

Jul 28, 2016, 2:32 PM

Post #5 of 12 (6104 views)

Shortcut

Same size as mine, 13. Over the years i simply plan to bring shoes with me on my annual return to...

My wife did find me a pair of bedroom slippers in my size in Mexico City, last week

rockydog85251

Jul 28, 2016, 7:55 PM

Post #6 of 12 (6082 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RuralPuebla] Big Feet....need shoes!

We have a Flexi store here in Ajijic and there is another one in Chapala.
Willie

jeffie1

Jul 29, 2016, 6:24 AM

Post #7 of 12 (6065 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Big Feet....need shoes!

Hi Willie:
I take it Flexi Stores carry larger sizes...correct? I prefer joggers or hiking shoes. Would you know if they carry these types or styles of shoes?
Thanks,
Jeff

chinagringo

Jul 29, 2016, 6:28 AM

Post #8 of 12 (6062 views)

Shortcut

Amazon Mexico or Amazon US?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

rockydog85251

Jul 29, 2016, 9:40 AM

Post #9 of 12 (6047 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Big Feet....need shoes!

Gosh, I don't remember but I know they have a number of styles.
Willie

Gringal

Jul 30, 2016, 8:24 AM

Post #10 of 12 (6000 views)

Shortcut

My husband wears size 12. No problem finding shoes in gringo-centric places like Ajijic. I just bought myself some shoes at the new Flexi store across from the central plaza (South side) and noticed that they have a nice variety of mens shoes, too. I think I saw hikers in the lot.
I like Flexi's because they are good leather, not "sintetico" and they last.

(This post was edited by Gringal on Jul 30, 2016, 8:27 AM)

jeffie1

Aug 31, 2016, 7:38 AM

Post #11 of 12 (5673 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Big Feet....need shoes!

Well as per Gringal's suggestion, I found size 13's (MX 31) at the Flexi store in Ajijic. They didn't have them in stock but ordered them in for me which took about a month. I purchased a pair of walking shoes, hiking shoes and leather flip-flops. All 3 pairs are all leather and very well made.....plus, at very reasonable prices. Soon this Flexi store will be stocking sox in larger sizes too.
So, if you're like me and walking around on "big dogs" here in Mexico, there is a source for really fine shoes.
Best,
Jeff

RuralPuebla

Aug 31, 2016, 4:38 PM

Post #12 of 12 (5639 views)

Shortcut

I have a terrible time finding shoes that don't hurt my feet. For years, I bought Rockport Pro Walkers and they were excellent.

Then, Rockport stopped making the Pro Walkers. I got pretty destitute for a while. Then, Rockport once again came out with Pro Walkers made overseas. But, they weren't true Pro Walkers, The dunces put a seam right down the tongue without a bottom piece to the tongue. I was bleeding the first day. I took an old beat-up pair to a repairman in my village and for around $5 USD he moved the tongue from the old pair. I am still sometimes wearing that 'new' pair but they are awfully ragged.

Some idiot should have been fired for that stupid stunt. Anyway, they stopped again; no one wanted a second pair of junk like that. It's like they got hired to design shoes without going through Shoe 101.

I have had some luck with Merrell boots, but they are a bit heavy. But, they are good on the rocky hills here.

I also have to use Flatfeet inserts and also buy them in the North.

I sure wish I could use size 13 shoes of almost any type.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4