Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

gbotto

Jul 19, 2016, 1:50 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6003 views)

Shortcut

Fake invoices?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have an invoice made in Mexico by Mexican company to a Mexican individual in US dollars, this invoice has no IVA(TAX), this invoice was made back in 2004 when it was not require that the invoices needed to be electronic, I need to know how can I make sure this invoice is not fake, is there any way to know or check this?

chicois8

Jul 19, 2016, 3:27 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5991 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gbotto] Fake invoices?

12 years ago? do you know if this company is still in business? Why ???
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

gbotto

Jul 20, 2016, 5:14 AM

Post #3 of 6 (5966 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chicois8] Fake invoices?

Yes the company still in business, but they are not giving us information about it, the reason is they are using this invoice in a US court as proof of owner ship of some items, but it looks like a made up invoice, that is why I am trying to find what the law said about tax being collected at the time and what item where exempt from tax, three things that look strange in this invoice, amount in US dollar, no tax was charge and the date that the invoice was printed by the printing company was from April 2010 and expire April 2012.

ifyoucanttakeajoke

Jul 20, 2016, 6:10 AM

Post #4 of 6 (5958 views)

Shortcut

Why is this post at the very top with "sticky" attached to it?

RickS

Jul 20, 2016, 6:38 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5948 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ifyoucanttakeajoke] Fake invoices?

Good question! I just did an 'unstick'... we'll see if that 'sticks'.

Maesonna

Jul 22, 2016, 4:21 PM

Post #6 of 6 (5824 views)

Shortcut

Perhaps it is a business invoice but not an official tax invoice.
On the other hand, there were certain specific conditions where IVA didnít have to be charged.
If you need to know for sure whether the invoice is real and official, it might be worth a one-time consultation with an accountant, preferably one old enough to have been practicing back in 2004. I donít know any other way you could check this Ė the rules for invoicing and taxes have changed back and forth a lot since then.
The part about April 2010 to April 2012 would seem genuine if the sale had taken place within those dates: before the dawn of electronic invoices, a business or individual doing business would get a block of invoices printed up and they were only valid for two years. The fact that such an invoice is being used to justify a sale that took place in 2004 seems totally fishy.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4