Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

pbrivz

Jul 1, 2016, 2:47 PM

Post #1 of 6 (13389 views)

Shortcut

Best Restaurants in Ajijic?

Can't Post | Private Reply
What are the best recommended restaurants in Ajijic or any in the Chapala Lake, besides seafood.

Gringal

Jul 2, 2016, 7:14 AM

Post #2 of 6 (13357 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pbrivz] Best Restaurants in Ajijic?

Depends on whether you want simple or fancy, but here are some of my favorites in the Lake Chapala area:

Basic, but good food: Dona Lola's, on the main drag in the west side of Ajijic. Burgers, sandwiches, Mexican dishes. Breakfast and lunch. Closed Thursday. A local favorite. Crowded with families on weekend.

Reasonable and very tasty: Top marks for Cocinart, on 16 de Septiembre, in Ajijic. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. "Bistro" style. Good chef; weekly specials. Closed Mon. and Tues.

Medium: Yves, on the Carreterra west of Ajijic, on the service road parallel to the highway. Big sign. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lots of charm; good food and service, decent prices. Large garden for dining; also indoors. Big salad bar. Closed Wednesday

Getting up there: Way west of Ajijic, on the carreterra past the Jocotepec sign: Arileo's Steak House. Huge place, good meat, good service, full bar. Closed Wednesday. Lunch and dinner. Prime Rib special on Friday.

Fairly fancy: Go restaurant: Centro Ajijic, mountain side. Super charm; continental style food. Dinner only. Have heard very good reports and intend to go on next special occasion.

Really up there: Restaurant #4. Ajijic . Heard good things about it but it's not in my budget, so......... Also has music.

Enjoy!

(This post was edited by Gringal on Jul 2, 2016, 7:17 AM)

rvgringo

Jul 2, 2016, 9:41 AM

Post #3 of 6 (13346 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Best Restaurants in Ajijic?

The only one on that list that we miss is Doņa Lola, which is always good and has a large and varied menu.
However, I must mention the one fine dining location that we really do miss: Armando‘s Hideaway on Privida Ocampo, near Danza del Sol‘s east wall, north of Ocampo.

RickS

Jul 2, 2016, 10:11 AM

Post #4 of 6 (13341 views)

Shortcut

A few more that I would add to the list are:

+ Meson Don Quijote on Zaragoza in the village for a "Touch of Spain"
+ Ajijic Tango on lower Colon, also in the village
+ Min Wah for fairly good Chinese, in upper village
+ Nueva Posado, outside patio on the Lake or inside dining, also in east village
+ Panino Deli & Restaurant in San Antonio for lunch

.... and finally, Pasteleria Franceza in west Ajijic. A French Patisserie out of the south of France. But you better get there early!

(This post was edited by RickS on Jul 2, 2016, 10:13 AM)

pbrivz

Jul 2, 2016, 10:12 AM

Post #5 of 6 (13340 views)

Shortcut

Thank you very much!
I am from Guadalajara, and had, not so good experiences at restaurants in Chapala... So, anytime anyone suggest a dinner trip to Chapala i was like..... mmmmhh no thanks! It is just iīve heard that Restaurants have improved since, so... letīs give it a try. ;)

bronco

Jul 2, 2016, 3:15 PM

Post #6 of 6 (13320 views)

Shortcut

tango is back on the scene. they went downhill for a while, now they are excellent. this is based upon one visit after two years.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4