Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

AllieSu

Jun 21, 2016, 9:34 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3052 views)

Shortcut

Residente permanente

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am a residente permanente in Mexico although I am currently not living there. My husband and daughter are both Mexican nationals. We are returning to Mexico in a couple of months and I have a question regarding my rp status. Last year we went on holiday to Mexico and I forgot to take my rp card with me. I therefore entered as a tourist. The immigration agent didn't say a word to me about my rp and why I wasn't entering with it. Now I have no idea if it has been cancelled or not. Is there a way of finding out without raising alarms with the authorities? If I do get to the airport in Mexico and it has been cancelled what do I have to do?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

YucaLandia

Jun 21, 2016, 11:45 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3031 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AllieSu] Residente permanente

Can't Post | Private Reply
Under the Ley de Migración, by having 2 immigration visas at the same time, you committed visa fraud.

INM has the computer data-base capability to find your mistake, and the right to put you onto a return flight back to the USA... but will they?

Historically, foreigners who did not writeRESIDENTE TEMPORAL or RESIDENTE PERMANENTE boldly across both halves of your FMM (when you leave Mexico)... have occasionally been mistakenly given Visitors Visas.

Internet reports on this say some got away with the problem with no repercussions, while others were pulled into INM custody... and kicked out of Mexico.

Maybe contact Lic. Spencer McMullin ( chapalalaw.com ) to see if he can make discreet inquiries, as he has dealt with a number of these past visa fraud cases.

Best of Luck,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4