Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

taj_rose@rediffmail.com

May 22, 2016, 9:28 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5287 views)

Shortcut

Temporal Card Extension

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi, Currently, I am in Monterrey on US business visa. I worked in Mexico for 2 years (2012-2014) on Work Permit. Now, I am planning to search for a job here. Is there any possibility to extend my temporal residence card which was expired on Mar 2014. If yes, can you please let me know is there any consultancy who can help in this regard.

-Ram

rvgringo

May 23, 2016, 8:59 AM

Post #2 of 5 (5228 views)

Shortcut

Re: [taj_rose@rediffmail.com] Temporal Card Extension

In Reply To
Hi, Currently, I am in Monterrey on US business visa. I worked in Mexico for 2 years (2012-2014) on Work Permit. Now, I am planning to search for a job here. Is there any possibility to extend my temporal residence card which was expired on Mar 2014. If yes, can you please let me know is there any consultancy who can help in this regard.

-Ram

Since you cannot have two INM documents at the same time, you would have to leave Mexico, cancelling your business visa, and apply at a Mexican consulate in the USA for a residence visa. However, if you wish to work, you should get a job offer from a business which is registered with INM to hire foreigners. With that offer, and information that they must provide to INM, you may then cancel your business visa, go to the USA, apply at the consulate and return to Mexico within a prescribed period of time and complete the process for the residence visa with permission to work with your new employer.

taj_rose@rediffmail.com

May 23, 2016, 7:46 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5169 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Temporal Card Extension

Thank you for your response.

So, I need to apply for new residence visa or can I apply for renewal of my old residence card.

I have a job offer and have my previous residence card which was expired two years back. Can you please let me know which is better option either to apply for a new residence or renew the old one.

rvgringo

May 24, 2016, 8:38 AM

Post #4 of 5 (5121 views)

Shortcut

Re: [taj_rose@rediffmail.com] Temporal Card Extension

You must apply for a new residence visa with permission to work, based upon your formal offer of employment from a firm registered with INM to employ foreigners. The company will provide you with proof of the offer and other forms. However, you must apply for approval in your home country, at a Mexican consulate or embassy. You will then finish the process in Mexico and get the actual visa card there, at the INM office serving the area of your residence, upon proof of such residence within 30 days of crossing the border.

Maesonna

May 25, 2016, 7:32 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5042 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Temporal Card Extension

…must apply at the Mexican consulate in the home country or country of residence…

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4