Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Baja13

May 16, 2016, 6:33 PM

Post #1 of 11 (8583 views)

Shortcut

Perminant residency card

Can't Post | Private Reply
I will be applying for permanent residency at the local INM office through family unity. I was wondering if approval and getting the residency card is the same day? Thanks!

chinagringo

May 16, 2016, 7:40 PM

Post #2 of 11 (8575 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Baja13] Perminant residency card

Are you trying to re-write Mexcan history? What ever happens in one day and who can say definitively just how long something will take?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Baja13

May 16, 2016, 9:06 PM

Post #3 of 11 (8561 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Perminant residency card

Well, a lot of things happen in one day in Mexico, at least that's what I've seen the past 26 years living here. And yes, 1000's of foreigners get visas every year here, so, somebody could definitely know what the process entails!

playaboy

May 17, 2016, 5:47 AM

Post #4 of 11 (8542 views)

Shortcut

The only place to get a definitive answer is at your the local INM office. They will tell you the time frame for processing.

What kind of visa have you been living with the last 26 years?

joaquinx

May 17, 2016, 5:58 AM

Post #5 of 11 (8540 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Well, a lot of things happen in one day in Mexico, at least that's what I've seen the past 26 years living here. And yes, 1000's of foreigners get visas every year here, so, somebody could definitely know what the process entails!

Approval is not given at the local office, but in an unnamed building in an office without a sign on the door and by a person who has no name. In other words, up to 2 months.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

soylent_green

May 17, 2016, 8:59 AM

Post #6 of 11 (8517 views)

Shortcut

first, the local office doesn't issue the card.
second, kind of anxious for one day service considering you been here 26 years hahah

anyway, my permanent (family unity) took in 2014
08/29 submitted paperwork INM office Ensenada
09/08 received via email notification of approval
09/11 went to INM for fingerprinting. "System was down" to issue the CURP - non INM problem. Asked to come in the next day.
09/12 went back. Got my CURP and finger prints
10/08 picked up my permanent resident card

(This post was edited by soylent_green on May 17, 2016, 9:03 AM)

YucaLandia

May 17, 2016, 3:12 PM

Post #7 of 11 (8470 views)

Shortcut

Depending on the INM office: 3 weeks to 2 months.
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

RuralPuebla

May 17, 2016, 6:58 PM

Post #8 of 11 (8447 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Perminant residency card

In Puebla, my PR card took around 2 to 3 weeks. I have been sick (SIBO) and also had to take my TIP car back to the US (we made three easy days of it) within the recommended 30 days period before expiration. When I was notified, I went to the Puebla office and got it all the same day. Finger prints; and gave me the card.

I had my CURP well ahead of time. You can get it any time that you have some documents, such as TR. I went to a different office in Tehuacan to get the CURP and had it ahead of time. I also had my tax number with me.

(Since I mentioned being sick, I could not find a doctor who even heard of it. So, I had to figure out how to cure it myself. I am doing much better.)

Baja13

May 18, 2016, 5:44 PM

Post #9 of 11 (8390 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RuralPuebla] Perminant residency card

I have read you can get a job with a residente permanente card. Does this mean you can apply for a job and not have to prove a Mexican isn't available for the job?

joaquinx

May 19, 2016, 5:57 AM

Post #10 of 11 (8359 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
I have read you can get a job with a residente permanente card. Does this mean you can apply for a job and not have to prove a Mexican isn't available for the job?

Yes, except you have to notify INM on this change of status.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

RuralPuebla

May 20, 2016, 10:06 AM

Post #11 of 11 (8299 views)

Shortcut

People have different viewpoints. After over 30 years working with what ended up being a large international corporation, when I retired I chose never to work for money again. I prefer to adjust my life style to my income, and if I want to do something, do it for free. If I don't want to do it, there isn't enough money to pay me to do it. For example, I teach English classes in my small village. For free. And, I enjoy it very much.

Yet there are people who will not like being without income producing work, even if there is no need for it. And,that is what they should do.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4