Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

david3528

Apr 11, 2016, 12:40 PM

Post #1 of 3 (7085 views)

Shortcut

Changing from Temporal to Permanent Residency

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am planning to change my Temporal Residency to Permanente and am searching for some answers and suggestions. I am in my first year of TR and am told as long as I can provide proof of investments totalling about $129,000 USD (am not on pension) I could do this by paying about $5000 pesos. I found if I were to renew my TR for another 3 years it will cost me about $6500 pesos. If this is the route I take, will have to pay an additional $5000 pesos to get a PR after 4 years on Temporal? In which case, I am thinking to change my TR into PR might be cost effective. What do you say?

jeffie1

Apr 11, 2016, 2:30 PM

Post #2 of 3 (7074 views)

Shortcut

Re: [david3528] Changing from Temporal to Permanent Residency

We just went through the same thought process and decided after our first year of RT and TIP to extend both of them for another 3 years. We didn't want to have to deal with disposing of or importing our van. So, we have the use of our present vehicle for the next 3 years.

BTW, we used Spencer's law firm in Chapala to handle the paperwork (both for the 1st year and the 3 additional years) and did not have to provide any proof of income from any source on either occasion. Stress free and very reasonably priced.
Hope this helps.
Jeff

YucaLandia

Apr 12, 2016, 5:46 AM

Post #3 of 3 (7012 views)

Shortcut

Re: [david3528] Changing from Temporal to Permanent Residency

Jeffie makes a very good distinction: If you have a TIP vehicle, then it can save vehicle hassles to stay on a Residente Temporal visa.

If you have no foreign-plated TIP vehicle, then it can save a lot of $$ and save a lot of hassles to go for Residente Permanente now.

RP also gives you the opportunity to work or participate in other 'lucrative' activities.

More detailed info at: ~ Current Rules and Procedures for Immigration, Visiting, and Staying in Mexico

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4