Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

david3528

Apr 6, 2016, 12:02 PM

Post #1 of 9 (7230 views)

Shortcut

Process for flying out of Puerto Vallarta with a PR

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have a Permanente Residente and want to know the right procedure regarding what forms to fill out here and upon returning when going to Canada for a couple of weeks. Anyone gone through this could help me understand the correct process?

Maesonna

Apr 6, 2016, 4:34 PM

Post #2 of 9 (7211 views)

Shortcut

Re: [david3528] Process for flying out of Puerto Vallarta with a PR

See this recent thread for discussion on filling out the form. The only thing to add is where the immigration counter in the airport might be. Anyone?

Summary: you may be able to pick up the FMM form at your check-in counter, but if not, they should have them at the immigration counter. You fill in either the top or bottom (I forget, but the person staffing the immigration counter can tell you). They will collect the appropriate part of the form when you board the aircraft.

Keep the other part for your return to Mexico. On your return flight, they will hand out new, blank forms to all the foreigners. You wonít need it, butís easier to accept it and stash it away for your next trip than to enter into explanations. But do not fill it out! Instead, at immigration upon entering Mexico you will present the remaining part of the form you got on your outward trip.

david3528

Apr 6, 2016, 4:44 PM

Post #3 of 9 (7208 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Process for flying out of Puerto Vallarta with a PR

Thank you, but the confusion was whether I need to give the form to the airline checkin agent or at the gate prior to boarding. What I thought the checkin agent will ask for it, so I guess I have got that part wrong? I really dont want to line up and then be told to get the form and lineup again!

Maesonna

Apr 6, 2016, 4:51 PM

Post #4 of 9 (7207 views)

Shortcut

No, as far as I can recall, you donít need the form for check-in. Or if they do want you to have it already, you can pick it up right there in the check-in area.

The immigration counter where you get it stamped (I forgot to mention the stamp) is past security.

Judy Parker

Apr 6, 2016, 7:05 PM

Post #5 of 9 (7196 views)

Shortcut

The INM counter at the PV airport is across from the airline check in area (I think it is just across from American Airline). Go there first and fill out the FMM form, have immigration officer stamp it and check your passport. It will be easier if you do this before checking in.

Maesonna

Apr 7, 2016, 3:35 PM

Post #6 of 9 (7147 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy Parker] Process for flying out of Puerto Vallarta with a PR

Thanks for the correction! Since the INM counter in Mexico City is after security, I assumed it would be the same way at all airports in the country. It just goes to show.

YucaLandia

Apr 12, 2016, 7:50 AM

Post #7 of 9 (7023 views)

Shortcut

Flying out of 3 different Mexican airports (Merida, Cancun, and Mexico City), we've been required to submit the FMM to the airline agent before we are allowed to check in,
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

david3528

Apr 12, 2016, 8:47 AM

Post #8 of 9 (7016 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Process for flying out of Puerto Vallarta with a PR

oh boy! Thanks for letting me know - where would I find a blank FMM to have ready for the checkin agent?

Maesonna

Apr 12, 2016, 11:22 AM

Post #9 of 9 (7003 views)

Shortcut

At Mexico City airport, there are tables near the check-in counter, where you can get both those forms and the forms for Mexican nationals. But if they are all out of the FMM forms, the immigration counter definitely has them.

Is it similar at the PV airport?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4