First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

YucaLandia

May 3, 2016, 7:58 AM

Post #26 of 31 (4223 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] CFE

Can't Post | Private Reply
Agreed...

He created the problems for himself, and opening him up to extortion by his electrician ... which is why I posted advice to discourage people from trying to cheat CFE, because we can't know what will happen in the future, even when 'there are plenty of Gringos playing this game'.

We've had 2 separate expat friends who've been singled-out and back-billed between $30,000 - $60,000 pesos by CFE, as CFE falsely accused them of cheating.... It took months of efforts & hassles to resolve the problems.

No one else in a 3 block radius was treated this way ... just the foreigners... which seems like targeting.

??
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on May 3, 2016, 8:03 AM)

cbviajero

May 3, 2016, 8:50 AM

Post #27 of 31 (4214 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] CFE

In Reply To

No one else in a 3 block radius was treated this way ... just the foreigners... which seems like targeting.

??
steve

Google (quejas de CFE apestan.com),for more info..

(This post was edited by cbviajero on May 3, 2016, 8:55 AM)

YucaLandia

May 3, 2016, 10:33 AM

Post #28 of 31 (4200 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

??
steve

Thanks... that's interesting information but it doesn't apply.

The friends had a garage (car park only) on a property 2 doors down from their house.

CFE installed a new meter... and billed them $40,000 pesos for 'estimated' past electrical use ... as if an electric door-opener used 5 times a week causes $10,000 a month in electricity use.

It took months to resolve that... including showing a CFE jeffe the inside of the garage to disprove CFE's false claims.

None of the Mexicans in the area have had these false charges made against them.

CFE next created a big internal SNAFU with their system ... by mis-assigning the meters on the block to the wrong customers...

again saddling the American friends with the biggest bills on the block ... even though the Americans have a 2KW PV solar system ... and should have the lowest bills on the block.

The friends are still trying to resolve that latest mess (6 months of hassles later).

God bless CFE...
-
Read-on MacDuff

cbviajero

May 3, 2016, 10:53 AM

Post #29 of 31 (4197 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

??
steve

It sure does apply.read the hundreds of quejas/complaints,if you can,many are for overcharging,and all of the quejas were submitted by Mexicans not foreigners...

(This post was edited by cbviajero on May 3, 2016, 11:09 AM)

YucaLandia

May 3, 2016, 12:11 PM

Post #30 of 31 (4186 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
[reply

It sure does apply.read the hundreds of quejas/complaints,if you can,many are for overcharging,and all of the quejas were submitted by Mexicans not foreigners...

Interesting...

but how many foreigners write Spanish well, and file written complaints on the internet with CFE?

none that I know of...

Sure... It's to be expected that foreigners are not just under-represented, but reasonably, they are not represented at all
in a sample of written on-line Spanish-language complaints to CFE.

... and consider how these expat-foreigners (our friends) were treated, with massive false back-charging ... as their Mexican neighbors ran with NO METERS ... for years.... with obvious jumper-wires bridging the connections in the open/blank meter boxes plainly in view on the street.

Really, just like some Mexicans discriminate against Canadian & American foreigners ... CFE also discriminates against foreigners at times.

... or should we really believe that the lack of foreigners writing complaint in Spanish on CFE's website, somehow proves that CFE does not discriminate ... or target gringos?

Later,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on May 3, 2016, 12:12 PM)

RuralPuebla

May 5, 2016, 3:42 PM

Post #31 of 31 (4125 views)

Shortcut

Just a comment, not really directed at Yucalandia. My life is made easier in my little village by the fact that I have "friends in high places." An upper class doctor, who has been here for over 35 years, and his wife are my best friends. There are others. For example, the directora of the Casa De Cultura. I have done photo work for her, free, of course.

In Mexico, it is true that who you know is very important.

My rule of thumb on living in Mexico is if the Mexican people know you respect them, they treat you very well. The people in my village know I respect them. I don't even have to tell them that, though I do that.

Mexicans are not stupid, and they know instantly when foreigners have come to see the inhabitants of the zoo, and when others come who like them as people.

I treat the poor man who lives in a house made of sticks with the same manners that I treat my doctor friend. These are good people, and I want to live here until I die. And when I die, I am sure there will be many people shedding tears. That would not be the case in the USA.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4