Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

hunteradvisor

Mar 24, 2016, 7:01 AM

Post #1 of 8 (9411 views)

Shortcut

Agricultural License Plates

Can't Post | Private Reply
I completed a search of the forums and have not found any information on requirements to obtaining an agriculture license plate. Would you please PM me if you have any experience with this? I would also be interested if anyone has come to Mexico with a tourist visa + TIP and then acquired their Residente Temporal in Mexico and managed to transfer their TIP to their new visa.
Thanks in advance.
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

Gringal

Mar 24, 2016, 10:07 AM

Post #2 of 8 (9381 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Agricultural License Plates

Try this:
http://www.soniadiaz.mx/nationalizing-cars.html

I am not suggesting that anyone go that route, however. This is from a search on Chapala.com
Also check "Intercasa" on the subject, same forum.

Good luck!

rvgringo

Mar 24, 2016, 10:13 AM

Post #3 of 8 (9379 views)

Shortcut

I have never heard of an agricultural license plate in Jalisco.
Unless you are married to a Mexican, etc., you must begin the process of applying for Resdente Temporal at a Mexican consulate (SRE) in your home country; not in Mexico. You will finish the process with INM in Mexico, at the office serving your area, with proof of residency.
At each step of the process, it is your responsibility to formally request that Aduana/Banjercito extend your Importada Temporal upon each change of status to match the new visa expiration date. They must confirm that for your vehicle to remain legal. You must do it again at every renewal of the visa, until the 4 years is over and you change to Residente Permanente, when having or driving a foreign plated vehicle is prohibited, and the vehicle must have been removed from Mexico before that status is achieved.
I hope that answers your question.

(This post was edited by rvgringo on Mar 24, 2016, 10:15 AM)

Gringal

Mar 24, 2016, 10:29 AM

Post #4 of 8 (9377 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Agricultural License Plates

RV: I agree that you stated the right rules. As in all things, people tend to seek "workarounds", however, such as the plethora of South Dakota license plates we were seeing for a while and all the folks who "live" in the U.S. with a friend or relative for banking purposes. Such is human nature. (grin)

(This post was edited by Gringal on Mar 24, 2016, 10:39 AM)

hunteradvisor

Mar 24, 2016, 2:38 PM

Post #5 of 8 (9335 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Agricultural License Plates

Actually my daughter is able to apply for her residente temporal here under the familiar vinculo, in other words under my residente permanente. So she won't have to apply outside of Mexico. The issue is her TIP that is attached to her tourist visa.
Our neighbor from the US has an agricultural plate and is not married to a Mexican.
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

Gringal

Mar 24, 2016, 2:53 PM

Post #6 of 8 (9329 views)

Shortcut

One does not need to be married to a Mexican to acquire an "agricultural" license plate. There are a number of expats who have used this method.

sparks

Mar 24, 2016, 3:31 PM

Post #7 of 8 (9325 views)

Shortcut

If you have an old car you don't care about .... then maybe one of those agricultural plates will get you by for awhile. Those plates are intended for "chocolate" cars the owners can't afford to import but need something for work. All you need is one cop who thinks you are abusing the system.

Drive to the frickin' border with her

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

playaboy

Mar 25, 2016, 2:14 PM

Post #8 of 8 (9253 views)

Shortcut

Just print these paper plates and put it on your car. They should be good for the rest of the year.

http://heraldodetamaulipas.com/...s/2016/01/Placas.jpg

Lets us know how it works out.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4