Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

tonyburton / Moderator

Mar 5, 2016, 7:51 AM

Post #1 of 10 (30820 views)

Shortcut

Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Previous thread now too long for easy use; time to start a third thread on this topic:
Previous threads:
Part One: http://www.mexconnect.com/...orum.cgi?post=183078
Part Two: http://www.mexconnect.com/...orum.cgi?post=196392

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Mar 5, 2016, 7:54 AM)

rogerb78240

Mar 7, 2016, 1:43 PM

Post #2 of 10 (30720 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
I couldn't find any experiences for Eagle Pass, Texas. Did I miss something?
This is my first time up here so I might not have found something obvious...

Does anyone have any recent experience with the Eagle Pass Consulate?
Looking for current stuff on 1st time submission for RT.

Thank you in advance!

Roger

twballard

Mar 17, 2016, 1:54 PM

Post #3 of 10 (30511 views)

Shortcut

Re: Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
These three threads have been very useful to me as my wife and I prepare to apply for our residency permits. So far we have been tourists for about 15 years, but we have purchased a condo in Puerto Vallarta and retirement is near. The three Mexican consulates which are close enough to where we live to be within relatively easy reach are, in order from closest to farthest, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Orlando. From a customer service point of view and ease of processing our application, is any one of these better than the others? I would hate to gather up tons of bank statements and other documents, drive 300-500 miles, and submit paperwork, only to find out that they wanted some optional (from their point of view) document that I did not have and could not obtain immediately.

Also, any comments on the process after arrival in Puerto Vallarta would be appreciated.

Tom

jeffie1

Mar 17, 2016, 2:18 PM

Post #4 of 10 (30505 views)

Shortcut

Re: [twballard] Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Tom: Go to the link below and scroll down to the 3 cities you mentioned. If you will go to their websites, they have contact info including email addresses for you to inquire about their requirements. May save you wasted long drives.
Good luck,
Jeff

https://embassy-finder.com/mexico_in_usa

twballard

Mar 18, 2016, 9:36 AM

Post #5 of 10 (30456 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jeffie1] Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Thank you, Jeff.
I see that the consulate sites have forums where people have generally expressed displeasure at the lack of response to emails and phone calls. I will maintain low expectations for success in this regard. If people will share their own experiences with specific consulates, that will be helpful.

jeffie1

Mar 18, 2016, 11:50 AM

Post #6 of 10 (30433 views)

Shortcut

Re: [twballard] Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
It has been about 18 months ago but I emailed the Mexican Consulates both in San Antonio and Laredo requesting information. Both responded within a week or so with their specific requirements. Best, Jeff

gabrielin

Jul 15, 2016, 8:29 AM

Post #7 of 10 (25993 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Mexico City INM Office
Residente Temporal to Residente Permanente (vinculo familiar)

22/06/2016 El trámite ha sido registrado
22/06/2016 Ha sido asignado el tipo de trámite
24/06/2016 Se emitió oficio (received e-mail saying that my signature did not match the one on my U.S. passport and that I had to go in within 10 days to sign a new form in front of a director)
05/07/2016 Notificado
07/07/2016 Registro de alcance
08/07/2016 Un pago ha sido registrado
11/07/2016 Se emitió oficio
11/07/2016 Registre los datos para la expedición de su documento migratorio
14/07/2016 Se entregó el documento migratorio (walked out with RP card same day I turned in proof of payment and photos)
14/07/2016 Un pago ha sido registrado

So, it took 22 days for a change of status from RT to RP. Not too bad considering I've waited longer for my past RT visas. I think they literally just went to the back and printed the RP card because on the 14th of July, I walked in and out in about an hour. Most people who have been to the Mexico City INM office know they usually have ridiculous wait times.

mayamex15

Jul 15, 2016, 10:48 PM

Post #8 of 10 (25947 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gabrielin] Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
anyone have experience in Tjiuana, Sonora, or Juarez INM offices?

viktoremski

Jul 18, 2016, 10:53 AM

Post #9 of 10 (25782 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mayamex15] Part 3 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Keep in mind the new INM office in Tijuana is now located on the opposite site of the "river" (sewer) from La 5 y 10, in direction of Parque Morelos, right below the gigantic Jesus statue (so nothing can go wrong ;-). I have not been to the new offices. The employees are probably mostly the same, which means some of them are decent, other not so decent.

Manning3236

Jul 28, 2016, 12:46 PM

Post #10 of 10 (25419 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Has any one had experience with the INM office in Monterrey. I have received a letter via email stating that my Residente Temporal was issued and I believe finger printing is the next step but I am not sure. I have received conflicting information, someone said I should receive an email telling me to come in for fingerprinting and someone else said I need to contact the INM office and set up an appointment to be fingerprinting.

I would appreciate any information that you can provide.

thanks,

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4