Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

NorthAmericanTraveler

Mar 1, 2016, 5:09 AM

Post #1 of 4 (5155 views)

Shortcut

No exit stamp in passport

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm pretty sure I am fine, but I went to Boquillas last week. They issue FMMs there for some reason. When I was issued one they put an entry stamp in my passport. When I cancelled my FMM, they did not put an exit stamp in my passport. Will I have any issues when I drive into Mexico in the future and apply for a new FMM? Thanks.

YucaLandia

Mar 1, 2016, 6:26 AM

Post #2 of 4 (5139 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NorthAmericanTraveler] No exit stamp in passport

The important key is that you formally surrendered your FMM/visitor's visa, as that is what INM tracks with their computer database.

The only reason a missing exit-stamp in your passport could affect you is if you choose to file for naturalized Mexican citizenship in the next 5 years => then SRE checks your passport stamp records.

if you want to read more, there are details on this at: ~ Current Rules and Procedures for Immigration, Visiting, and Staying in Mexico

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

NorthAmericanTraveler

Mar 1, 2016, 10:48 AM

Post #3 of 4 (5104 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] No exit stamp in passport

Thanks for the response. I was reading on this forum (link below) and it appears that many others have only received an entry stamp and not an exit stamp as well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/...rt-stamp-mexico.html

(This post was edited by RickS on Mar 1, 2016, 10:53 AM)

sparks

Mar 1, 2016, 1:20 PM

Post #4 of 4 (5089 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NorthAmericanTraveler] No exit stamp in passport

I renewed this Passport in 2007 and have 3 stamps. In/out in 2010 and an in/out in 2012 ..... and another that I can't read any of

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4