Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Elona

Feb 21, 2016, 2:49 AM

Post #1 of 9 (4871 views)

Shortcut

Shuttles from Mazatlan airport?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum and I'm from Germany.

What is the best/easiest/cheapest/safest transportation from the airport Mazatlan to the hotels at the beach?
Elona
Saludos,

Elona

rockydog85251

Feb 21, 2016, 6:06 AM

Post #2 of 9 (4866 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Elona] Shuttles from Mazatlan airport?

The colectivos are the cheapest but take longer as they make multiple stops to drop off people.....taxis are safe and not really expensive and are faster.
Have a great time while there!
Willie

Elona

Feb 21, 2016, 7:50 AM

Post #3 of 9 (4854 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Shuttles from Mazatlan airport?

Thank you for your quick reply, Willie.
Taxis are ok. How much is it approx.?
But how do I see, which one is a colectivo? Is it a small bus and special marked?
Saludos,

Elona

rockydog85251

Feb 21, 2016, 11:59 AM

Post #4 of 9 (4833 views)

Shortcut

There is booth on your way out the airport where you can check which mode you want...pay there...take your ticket outside and they will direct you to the appropriate vehicle. A taxi should run $250 to 300 pesos, depending on the zone you want.
Willie

(This post was edited by RickS on Feb 21, 2016, 1:48 PM)

Elona

Feb 22, 2016, 6:14 AM

Post #5 of 9 (4816 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Shuttles from Mazatlan airport?

Ah ok, thanks a lot Willie!
Saludos,

Elona

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 22, 2016, 9:55 AM

Post #6 of 9 (4797 views)

Shortcut

Hi, Elona! Below is the latest updates I could locate re the airport fares for Zones 1 and 2 (There are 4 zones if you need more info) Please be aware of the time share sharks swarming around and trying to mislead you. Go straight to buy your ticket at the marked transportation booth. The fares are set and you do not need to tip unless you ask the driver to stop somewhere along the way. He will expect more to make a stop.

Zone 1 - All of old Mazatlan and all of the Golden Zone north to the El Cid Marina Hotel. Taxi - up to 4 passengers $380 MXN or $26 USD, Van - minimum 5 persons (called collectivos in many parts of México) - $100 MXN per person.

Note: Unless you are a group of five or more going to the same place so you can get a van for just yourselves, the van service could stop at several different hotels before getting to yours.

Zone 2 - Everything north of the El Cid Marina Hotel up to, but NOT including the Riu or Cerritos Point. Taxi - $400 MXN or $27 USD, Van - $110 MXN per person

Have a great time!

Elona

Feb 23, 2016, 5:43 AM

Post #7 of 9 (4783 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Shuttles from Mazatlan airport?

Hi Marlene,
thanks for the good advice. With the timeshare sharks I have already made my experience in Los Cabos, but I told them, that I live there ;-), then they left me alone.
We are only 2 people and taking a taxi will be fine. It's good to know, that the fares are set.
I still have no reservation. Is the El Cid Marina good or the Best Western?
Saludos,

Elona

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 24, 2016, 10:17 AM

Post #8 of 9 (4749 views)

Shortcut

Good to hear you've had experience! Just to clarify about taxi rates, it's the airport fares that are the set rates and you prepay them. While here, be sure to arrange your fares prior to getting into the vehicle. Even though they have zone guidelines, it's important to get the quote first.

About the hotels, I know the El Cid Marina is really nice and in a lovely quiet setting. Which location are you thinking for the Best Western? There were two hotels, one in the Golden Zone and one in Olas Altas operating under the umbrella of Best Western for awhile at least. The Posada Freeman is the one in Olas Altas and is beautiful too. It's a historic property that was completely renovated. Panoramic roof-top views that you shouldn't miss, even if you choose to stay somewhere else. You can go up for a cold drink and enjoy a sunset! I haven't been inside the BW in the Golden Zone, but it's newly renovated as well and you will enjoy the beach along that area. Best not to arrive without a reservation somewhere because Mazatlan has become busier with events, and loads of tourists on weekends. Enjoy!

(This post was edited by Marlene on Feb 24, 2016, 10:20 AM)

Elona

Feb 25, 2016, 4:30 AM

Post #9 of 9 (4723 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Shuttles from Mazatlan airport?

Hi Marlene,
I meant the Posada Freeman, because the Hotel has good reviews at Tripadvisor. The BW Posada Freeman offers a hot breakfast. Isn't the El Cid an all inclusive resort? In any case, I reserve the room in advance.
I don't know, if we need the taxis often. We are planning to stay only 3 - 4 days in Mazatlan and then we go to Los Mochis by bus.
Saludos,

Elona

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4