Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

hunteradvisor

Feb 20, 2016, 10:27 AM

Post #1 of 7 (10900 views)

Shortcut

Please post with compassion

Can't Post | Private Reply
Please be kind when you post your thoughts. You don't know when a person may have just lost a loved one or just received a diagnosis that the time they have left on this planet is less than they thought or that a loved one has taken their own life. If you carry anger or sadness I am sorry for you, but please direct your pain and sarcasm toward whatever is causing it, somewhere else, not here. If a post seems ignorant, stupid or has been asked before, ignore it and move on. By striking out it doesn't help anyone or yourself and makes others less willing to ask for help if they are concerned that they will be made fun of or verbally abused. I have offered support and encouragement on this forum to others like myself who live and love being in Mexico, that's why we participate with our postings hopefully. We have an amazing opportunity being here and many others would like to share that, but don't know how to navigate the complexities in the laws that are continually changing.
The planet and we as people need compassion, let's show that here with our language and be seen as a safe forum where everyone who needs it can receive good, unbiased advice & help. Thank you to those folks like Rolly and Steve who over the many years have generously and freely shared their wealth of knowledge, they are the role models for the type of postings I hope to see here.
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

ColimaCdn

Feb 20, 2016, 7:23 PM

Post #2 of 7 (10869 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Please post with compassion

Well said! And so very true...all the best.

chinagringo

Feb 20, 2016, 7:47 PM

Post #3 of 7 (10862 views)

Shortcut

So who is this post aimed at? I went back and read all the responds to your daughter's all so special circumstances and really cannot see any lack of compassion including my response? Interesting to me that Gringos in Mexico want and expect special treatment to their individual set of needs and circumstances which there is no such provision for the Mexicans headed NOB?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

tonyburton

Feb 20, 2016, 7:54 PM

Post #4 of 7 (10861 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Please post with compassion

Why do you take the original post to be aimed at anyone specifically, as opposed to a well-intentioned general reminder to all about the need to be considerate when posting?
Note: this is a rhetorical question and answers are not expected or needed.

slainte39

Feb 21, 2016, 10:11 AM

Post #5 of 7 (10816 views)

Shortcut

While all good thoughts and commendable practices, it does come across as a lecture to a bunch of people trying to give advice in various forms of language.
How softly must one tread when passing through here?

adamptp

Feb 23, 2016, 2:52 AM

Post #6 of 7 (10746 views)

Shortcut

Well said!! All the best mate
--
Regards

Adam
Job Description
Best Holiday Search Engine
IT Project Manager job description

RuralPuebla

Apr 10, 2016, 5:06 PM

Post #7 of 7 (10494 views)

Shortcut

I was on Mexconnect in the 90's. It was a horrid place. I left, never expecting to be back. Over the years, I have found expat boards to be the most negative boards of all, and have wondered why. So, when I was linked to Mexconnect not long ago, I thought, "You must be kidding."

So far this time it seems to be fairly nice and civil. A source of good information.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4