Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

bronco

Feb 19, 2016, 2:27 PM

Post #1 of 14 (8719 views)

Shortcut

happy anniversary mexconnet!

Can't Post | Private Reply
compliments on your beautifully designed home page. the color photos are wonderful. other sites look like dead corporate spread sheets. besides that, youre the only "expat" site that has not banned or censored me. bronco

tonyburton

Feb 20, 2016, 12:33 PM

Post #2 of 14 (8659 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] happy anniversary mexconnet!

Thanks!
Old and venerable is what we are.
As for what the next twenty years may bring, who knows! -
MexConnect - the Next Twenty Years

johanson

Feb 20, 2016, 2:41 PM

Post #3 of 14 (8642 views)

Shortcut

I too would like to say Happy Birthday. I hope that everything is going well for you all, be you on the "Island", lakeside or wherever.

tonyburton

Feb 20, 2016, 5:50 PM

Post #4 of 14 (8626 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] happy anniversary mexconnet!

On the island at present, planning to be in Ajijic from about 30 March to 14 April. Look forward to seeing you at some point during our stay.

johanson

Feb 20, 2016, 6:07 PM

Post #5 of 14 (8619 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] happy anniversary mexconnet!

I shall be lakeside until early May when it's time to escape the mild heat for a month or two. Looking forward to seeing you and all other poster here when you/they are lakeside.

robt65

Feb 21, 2016, 4:38 PM

Post #6 of 14 (8571 views)

Shortcut

Hello Tony,
Yes for sure Happy Birthday to one and all at MexConnect. I certainly could not have achieved what I have in Mexico over the past years with out the many opportunities that various contributors have provided through MexConnect Forums over the years. Many more Happy Birthdays to come.
Robt65

adamptp

Feb 23, 2016, 2:51 AM

Post #7 of 14 (8511 views)

Shortcut

Yay happy anniversary mexconnect :)
--
Regards

Adam
Job Description
Best Holiday Search Engine
IT Project Manager job description

No checa andar de tacuche

Feb 26, 2016, 2:04 PM

Post #8 of 14 (8434 views)

Shortcut

happy birthday chuck!

delmaracer

May 27, 2016, 9:37 AM

Post #9 of 14 (7501 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Happy Birthday Mexconnect

A belated Happy Birthday to Mexconnect and to all who make it work!
Before moving to Mexico, I though it might be a good idea to learn what I could about my future home country. Wandering around the WWW in 2002, I stumbled upon Mexconnect (had a different name back then). I then began this fascinating journey.

Living in the US for more years than I care to say, I can honestly say that moving to and living in a foreign country presents new challenges. I refer to them as square corners. But I can say without doubt that Mexconnect was very helpful in rounding off those square corners. Afterall, when I move to Mexico in April of 2008, the phone system was different, as was the electricity. Oh, and don't forget so is the post office, Internet, and TV! Oh, and so is the language. I learned from Mexconnect, Rolly Brook, and countless other contributors and guidance teachers on how to survive all of this.

So, just how informative is Mexconnect? Well, glad you asked. In 2003, I read an article posted by Wendy Devlin about equipales, furniture. Then I planned a trip to Zacoalco de Torres, and to this day, I brag about my casa's furniture from there. All because of an article on Mexconnect!

I really can't say enough about Mexconnect and how it has contributed to my 8 years, so far, of living full time in Mexico. But I sure can say that without Mexconnect, I doubt I would have a house full of equipales or have had anywhere near the experiences of a lifetime in Mexico.

If there were a rating system for web sites, I would certainly give Mexconnect and all of those hundreds of people who share the wonders of Mexico, with us, a rating. Say something like 6 stars or 11 stars (depending on the rating system).
So now I raise my Tequila glass to toast this site, along with all of the staff (then and now), writers, and all of us readers who have benefited from an idea!

To read the entire article by Wendy Devlin - http://www.mexconnect.com/...s-zacoalco-de-torres

(This post was edited by RickS on May 27, 2016, 10:44 AM)

DavidMcL

May 28, 2016, 1:04 PM

Post #10 of 14 (7432 views)

Shortcut

Re: [delmaracer] Happy Birthday Mexconnect

What a wonderful posting! Thank-you for taking the time.
Those of us who make MXC go thank you and wish you continued joy and a wonderful Mexican experience.

David et al

David McL
WebJefe

Gringal

May 29, 2016, 8:08 AM

Post #11 of 14 (7379 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Happy Birthday Mexconnect

Like a previous poster, I joined Mexconnect before moving here, and it was an invaluable guide in the transition.
Thank you, congratulations on your anniversary and may you have many more.

Aaron+

May 29, 2016, 10:21 AM

Post #12 of 14 (7366 views)

Shortcut

Re: [delmaracer] Happy Birthday Mexconnect

Mexconnect -- very useful, a great asset to adapting to and adopting our new life here. Second best asset, or tied, has been (not for as long a time as Mexconnect), Steve's Yucalandia.

Allow me to join in with the toast, only, instead of tequila, with Xtabentun seco!

geri

May 29, 2016, 10:36 AM

Post #13 of 14 (7364 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Happy Birthday Mexconnect

Has it really been 20 years since I first found Mexconnect while snowbound in the mountains of Colorado? The forum posters were my "closest friends" that winter, and what informative ones, while I dreamt and planned of moving to Oaxaca. It was 1995 - yep 21 years ago, that I first stumbled upon Oaxaca, and help from articles and forum folk on Mexconnect helped me settle in a new home, in a new country--and what a country it 'tis !!!! Viva Mexico!

TedZar

Jun 1, 2016, 3:43 PM

Post #14 of 14 (7228 views)

Shortcut

So many of us owe a HUGE debt to MexConnect for helping us get started in Mexico.

Thank YOU to all the kind souls who were patient with me and I hope I pass a bit of it on to others.

Gracias!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4